Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Le Sport Sac is the answer for lightweight purses/totes etc. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/le-sport-sac-is-the-answer-for-lightweight-purses-totes-etc-624144/)

julies Jun 16th, 2006 01:35 PM

Le Sport Sac is the answer for lightweight purses/totes etc.

I just went through my things that I usually take with me & realized that I have a number of things by this company that I love to take because they are lightweight, fold down to nothing, are quite indestructible and provide a lot of versatility. Thought I'd bring this us for those of you who are debating totes, purses, fold-up suitcases etc. They are quite pricy normally, but I have never paid full price for any of mine. I have found them at Marshall's or TJ Maxx or on close-out at Macy's.

FainaAgain Jun 16th, 2006 01:43 PM

I've been traveling with "hush puppy" for many years, got at Ross for $14.99 :)

Now it's changing the color... in some places! Ahhh, need another one!

nytraveler Jun 16th, 2006 06:14 PM

Agree that Sportsacs are great. Have been using them for years - in a variety of colors - for both larger carry-on weekenders and for day bags while traveling.

They are light weight, expandable and indestructible. And have never found them expensive for what you get - since they last forever - I have some now that are at least 12 years old. And you can get them anytime at Macy's, Bloomies etc.

Mara Jun 16th, 2006 06:39 PM

Besides various LeSportSac purses and zippered accessory cases, I use the one that is the exact size allowed for carry on and it weighs, of course, next to nothing.

chatham Jun 16th, 2006 09:44 PM

I have five of them. I use them everyday and for travel. I found out about them here on this forum last year. They're great.

Luisah Jun 17th, 2006 07:13 AM

Yes! They are the best. I have several pieces, including a backpack, that I bought at T.J. Maxx in a variety of sizes and patterns.

My favorite features: lots of zipped pockets, virtually weightless so they can be folded into your suitcase for the return flight and used for shopping and best of all, the larger pieces (18 & 22") have two zipper pulls so they can be LOCKED.

I'll be traveling soon and have been going through my totes (Vera Bradley, Kipling)looking for something that I can pack the laundry and old clothes in and check on the way back if I need to. The LeSportsac is the only tote with the double zipper pulls. I use the TSA approved locks in and from the U.S. but not from Europe.

elberko Jun 17th, 2006 07:31 AM

I'm a big fan, too. I'd hate to tell you how many Lesportsac things I have. I also like their small zipped pouches. I know what's in them by their different colors/patterns.

~Liz

Underhill Jun 17th, 2006 08:17 AM

I have 3 Le SportSacs and am considering buying another, but I wish the company would bring back the smaller model that has 2 outside pockets, one at each end--that seems to be available now only in the large, expandable version.

suze Jun 18th, 2006 09:26 AM

Thanks for the TJMaxx tip. I had an old Le Sport Sac duffle that finally bit the dust (about 20 years later!) and don't like the price or designs I was seeing currently on their website or at Macy's.

rmtsmom Jun 18th, 2006 11:15 AM

Look on Ebay. There are new bags at great prices. Retired designs that are really cute.I bought a toiletry bag with little smiley faces on it for half the price of the website.