Search

Le Sireneuse, Palazzo Sasso or San Pietro

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 08:36 AM
jmp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Le Sireneuse, Palazzo Sasso or San Pietro

Hi, my husband and I are trying to decide between these hotels - not looking for stuffy, where we would have to worry about what we are wearing, etc.

San Pietro

Le Sireneuse

Palazzo Sasso

thanks

(we are trying to go in September)
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM
GAC

Vincenzo, where are you?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM
GAC

Vincenzo (our Amalfi Coast expert), where are you?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 12:31 PM

If you don't want stuffy, skip San Pietro. Either of the other two would be great, just depends what you're looking for. Sirenuse is a wonderful hotel right in the heart of Positano, ( so within walking distance to shops, restaurants, beach, etc.) which has received raves on this forum.

Good luck, and have a good time!
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 06:36 PM

The San Pietro is definitely "stuffy," but lovely. You will more likely get a bigger terrace there, but I was on a wait list for a year and still didn't get a Positano view terrace. It would not be my first choice, but the food was better than the Sirenuse and probably the Sasso since the restaurant gets bad reviews on the boards.

Le Sirenuse is perfect in every way except perhaps the restaurant could be better. I think it has the most beautiful view of the three. The breakfast is very elaborate and good! You have lots of restaurants to choose from in Positano. The spa at Le Sirenuse is very good too!

I haven't stayed at the Sasso, but have a friend that did recently and she loved it, although considered it very expensive and didn't like the food either. However, there are great restaurants in Ravello too!

It really depends on what you are going to do. If you like to take day trips, Ravello is out of the way and will add time to each day's outing. Positano is more convenient. I think Ravello is more peaceful. Positano and Ravello are both incredible! You can't go wrong.

Old Jun 6th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Looks like Vincenzo last posted on 8 May. Maybe he's traveling?
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 08:54 PM

Forget Vincenzo! Deloris is here!
Loved Sireneuse, don't stay on the 3rd floor as the dining room is on the 4th with tile floors and stomping feet from 6am! who sits on the porch? You can swim on the terrace in their gorgeous pool. Positano is a busy place-walk down to the beach-walk up to take the local bus at the bus stop and see amalfi-Take the shuttle to San Pietro and be glad you are staying in Positano as San Pietro is only near rocks, but gorgeous!
Take the boat to Capri for a day trip from Positano (about 1 hour) or stay there for a few days. Eat Eat Eat!
and enjoy! Reserve WAAAAY ahead as it is booked months in advance. If you can't get in, friends recommended Le Agave, also on the Positano coast and very nice. Now go have fun!
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 10:36 AM

I've stayed at the San Pietro once and the Sirenuse several times. Haven't stayed at the Palazzo Sasso. The San Pietro is very stuffy, both hotel staff and guests. I think the food there is pretty mediocre at best. You can always go to the San Pietro for drinks at sunset and see the gorgeous view of Positano and then get back back to the Sirenuse which is perfect in every way.
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 03:59 PM

Grinisa, It looks like we agree about Le Sirenuse and San Pietro!
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 03:15 AM

... Very Easy!!!
..Le Sirenuse!!..
..Best in town, best in the world, My husband and I loved it!we took all the reccomandation they gave us on restaurants and sightseeing everything was absolutely perfect!!.. could not be better!
..I forgot, while we were checking-out, we booked again for the year coming!!
You'll love it!
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:00 AM

I would go for the Palazzo Sasso,a much more relaxing hotel in a much more scenic town.Amalfi is nearby with could transport connections to the whole of the coast.