Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Le Meridien Budapest (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/le-meridien-budapest-388451/)

m_kingdom Jan 17th, 2004 12:51 PM

Le Meridien Budapest

I am considering going to Budapest for a few nights this August. I have managed to find a very favourable rate for a suite at Le Meridien, will I be disappointed? Would the Kempinski offer more luxurious accomodation?

All opinions, suggestions, etc. greatly appreciated. My thanks in advance!

Garfield Jan 17th, 2004 01:23 PM

Any reason for posting this under the topics for Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belaruse, Belguim, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatio Cyprus and under every topic/heading for Europe. I make a search under heading for Russia, I get you request for information for Madrid and Budapest. I search under Romania I see all your postings again. Please just post under Europe and the country that you are looking for information. Give us a break!!

m_kingdom Jan 17th, 2004 01:32 PM

I posted under general interest - the hotel, and wanted to highlight Hungary as well, but it would only allow just two to be selected. Apologies for any confusion, and inconvenience it may have cause you.

hsv Jan 17th, 2004 02:14 PM

m_kingdom,

regarding this posting problem: Please try to highlight one country. If you want to get another one highlighted simultaneously, just press CTRL and click on the country of your choice at the same time. Both highlights will be accepted.

I second Garfield's motion that you might want to limit your posts to specific countries. By now your posts- although interesting- are making country search on this forum a bit complicated as you are dominating almost every country there is;-)...

Regarding those two hotels: I have no personal experience, but from what I have heard they are both fine properties, the Meridien being the newer one (although in an older building, I think). As they are also in the same neighborhood I would go by price- but do try to get some first hand information on this!

m_kingdom Jan 17th, 2004 02:18 PM

Thank you for your posting advice, however, I was hoping that despite this confusion, I would get some first hand responses.

m_kingdom Jan 18th, 2004 02:20 AM

Topping!

molker Jan 18th, 2004 06:25 AM

The Kempinski offers a uniformly high standard throughout its properties. The Budapest Kempinski has seen a recent renovation and maintains the quality of the chain.I have been a guest there and found it good for me- good service-well furnished rooms.
However standards are subjective and each of us look for something different.
If rate is your criteria, then take the best one.
If not go on the websites for each chain and decide what YOU like best.

Rod Jan 18th, 2004 07:03 AM

The Meridien is next door to the Kempinski. Both are fine so far as I know, althugh my personal experience includes only the Kempinski, which is a fine place, if with expensive restaurants. If you found what you like at the Meridien, go with it.

m_kingdom Jan 18th, 2004 11:26 AM

What are the disadvantages of the Kempinskini for those who have no experience of le meridien?

Travelnick Jan 24th, 2004 07:15 AM

Meridien is newer and looks nicer from brochures and lobby when I wandered in there last year, but both hotels are high quality. May be easier to get a good deal at Meridien. So gor for it.