Notices

Le Mans to Paris

Sep 19th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Original Poster

Le Mans to Paris

Dear All,

I did receive a lot of responses on my previous two topics and Thanks to all of you for your responses and suggestions....Thanks Again!

In Paris our stay is for three Nights and two full days. i need a small clarification :

1) We have a friend staying in Le Mans. Can we stay at their place and tour paris ? We will save on accomodation!

2) are there early morning and late night trains from Le Mans to Paris and Vice Versa and what is the approx travel time?

3) since we are buying the eurail pass...can we use them on this train?

Pls advice...Thanks again!
Sep 19th, 2011, 02:12 AM

TGVs take about one hour between Le Mans and Paris Montparnasse. Slow trains go via Chartres and take over two hours.
The schedule is complicated. The TGVs stop at Le Mans en route between Paris and Nantes or Rennes. Times are on www.bahn.de and www.voyages-sncf.com.
Seats on TGVs must be booked in advance. A limited number of seats is available to rail pass holders. If that allocation is already taken, then you have to pay the normal fare.
Sep 19th, 2011, 08:02 AM

I believe many of us already answered these questions. And the answers were, NO, staying in Le Mans is ridiculous if touring Paris is your plan. Either give up Le Mans or give up Paris.

You won't save on anything.

Search this Thread