Le Case Gialle and Umbria Questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello again fellow fodorites...I wanted to now ask more specific questions to those of you who have stayed at LCG. I have stayed in a villa before and for the most part, we were responsible for buying all of our own supplies. Just wondering if LCG supplies things like soap for showering and towels for their pool or if I should pack those items. Also, are many restaurants closed on Sunday in and around Umbria. I'm guessing that it varies but was thinking of doing the drive to Piano Grande on the Sunday after we arrive. Any lunch suggestions in and around that area? I think someone previously suggested a restaurant in Norcia which is close to Piano Grande? If anything else comes to mind, please let me know. Also, does anyone know how far it is of a drive from LCG to Piano Grande?

Thanks again...I can't believe it's just a few weeks away now!
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:48 AM
DRJ

I have stayed at LCG a half dozen times and I consider Mauro and Silvana (and their beutiful children) good friends. I don't think they will supply soap but probably will supply towels. You can email them. You may have to look around for a Sunday meal, but you can always ask Mauro for help. I haven't been to Piano Grande, but have visited Norcia a couple of times. IMO, from LCG its an hour or so drive to Norcia.

You can click on my initials for more information on the area.
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:10 AM

They do supply soap (small bars) and pool towels. No need to bring from home.

The drive to the Piano Grande is about 1.5-2 hours.

For lunch in the Piano Grande, I highly recommend the Taverna Castelluccio. The trout drizzled with the olive oil and the local famous lentils are wonderful.

http://www.tavernacastelluccio.it/it...ristorante.asp

Picking up some picnic supplies in Norcia and going for a hike and picnic in the Piano Grande is also a good option for a nice meal.

Not sure when you are going. Sundays in late May/June can be a busy time in the Piano Grande (but worth the traffic). The wildflowers are in bloom and spectacular.

The Touring Club of Italy Umbria guidebook offers some great info and itineraries-

http://tinyurl.com/26u5mta

Enjoy one of my favorite places in Italy!
Old May 24th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much...we will be there from June 19th through the 30th. Appreciat the suggestiosn.
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 09:12 PM

I have made reservations at le case gialle for next month and have booked the Il Sartino apt on the second floor. Has anyone stayed in this apt? Does it have an outdoor terrace on the second floor with a view? I read another post that says it does not.
any comments are appreciated