Notices

Layover in Zurich

Sep 21st, 2016, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Layover in Zurich

Hi all,
I have a 10hr layover in Zurich from 6AM to 4PM. Kindly suggest me what I can do in that period of time. I like natural setting. I have heard there is a lake / river. I won't mind walking along beautiful / picturesque settings like that and spend my layover like that.
Anyway, let me know your suggestions.

Thank you.
P.S I am flying tomorrow itself.

Regards,
P
Sep 21st, 2016, 12:56 PM

Well yes walk along the east side of Lake Zurich from the town center on sweet lakeside paths thru a park-like setting for miles if you want - if it is a warm weekend you'll see folks from all ethnicities having a day out by the lake.

And walk along the roaring rushing river just behind the main train station or do both.
Sep 21st, 2016, 06:55 PM

Walk along the Limmat River along Bahnhofstrasse (directly in front of the train station) to the boat landing on Lake Zurich. There are 90 minute circuit cruises on Lake Zurich...very nice in sunny weather.
Sep 21st, 2016, 08:17 PM

Hi Pulkit, The little cruises on Lake Zurich are very nice. It would be a interesting walk down to Lake Zurich and then get on a boat. There is a great beer hall/dinner place somewhere along that route if it is still there. Does anyone know the place and the name of it, about 4 blocks from the lake/ sort of close to all the expensive watch stores. be a great place to stop for dinner/lunch if still there. It is quite close to lake Zurich on main street. Sue

Search this Thread