Layover at CVG en route to FCO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Delta site keeps giving me flight routes with layovers at Cincinnati en route to FCO (I'm coming from SFO.) I have the option of a 5.5 hour wait or a 30 minute layover.

This seems too close for comfort to me, but I've never been through that airport. Has anyone had the experience of connecting there in that short amount of time?

Thanks!
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 10:50 PM

krix - 30 minutes at CVG is not nearly enough time. Looking at Deltas website, they have flights from SFO that have a 2 hour layover in Atlanta. IMO this would be a better choice.

Is there a reason you have to fly Delta?

Tom

PS Being from Cincinnati originaly, I have always found it funny that the 'Greater Cincinnati International Airport' is actually in Ludlow KENTUCKY!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:50 AM
ira

Hi K,

>a 30 minute layover.

Nearly impossible at any airport.

IIRC, the minimum time should be 0:40 hr.

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 06:56 AM
ira

PS

Have you looked at www.mobissimo.com and www.kayak.com?

Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 07:52 AM

Hi Krix,

Coming from SFO, you should be able to get a non-stop. Isn't there any airline that has a non-stop? I hate having connections on this side of the Atlantic because if you miss a flight, chances are you loose a day of vacation.

If you can at least get to somewhere in Europe non-stop and then connect (if necessary), then you have many options to get to your final destination.

Buon viaggio!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:39 AM

There's no non-stop flight from SFO to FCO.

The main disadvantage with transiting in Europe is the departure time on the return trip. Most likely, one has to leave Rome early in the morning to catch the connection in Paris, Amsterdam, London, etc.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input- I usually fly Air France non-stop to Paris from SFO and then the short hop to my destination in Italy. I don't have to fly Delta; I am just looking around at different fares and that Delta route kept popping up at me. It made me wonder of it was a *usual* thing and workable.
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 03:52 PM

I had booked on Delta ORD to Cincinnati en route to FCO with a 37 minute layover. After I checked into it more I realized it was a big mistake (no later flights etc. if missed). It took much time and effort to get it changed which I finally did. I would recommed taking another airline or another itinerary. I booked with a 3 hour + layover and feel much better about that. We are flying open jaw out of Venice with a 11:30 flight. Hope you have a great trip.