LaVallee Villgae- outside Paris

May 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

LaVallee Villgae- outside Paris

We are leaving for Paris tomorrow.
The wife likes to shop -imagine that! I have found this Outlet Mall- LaVallee Village online (30 minutes by train from Paris) and I need some feedback from those that have been there:
1) Is this really an Outlet place with outlet pricing- or just a come on? How much of a discount are we talking- give me some examples of things bought at what price so I can assess the value of a trip out there (30 minutes by RER)
2) We are staying at the Hotel D'Orsay- how do I get to this place. Its at the end of the M line of the RER. What is the closest RER station (not sure that I want to do a lot of transferring on the Metro).
3) Is this Village within walking distance of the train station- is it easy to find?
4) What is the best day of the week to go to avoid crowds.
5) What is the cost of a round trip ticket to this place?

OK you France experts out there- lets see what you can do with this one!
Thanks!
May 14th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

topping
May 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM

1. There is a mall with regular price stores and just outside that is a series of outlet shops selling at discount, the amount of which varies. Given the horrid exchange rate, you may not find many bargains, but there are some designer shops selling last year's fashions at a discount (still steep, but less than in the stores.) There is also a large Auchan as well as a FNAC. Look online and you can see the shops. Official site is at http://www.lavalleevillage.com/lavallee/home.asp?lan=en and an unofficial site is at http://homepages.which.net/~ian/outlet.html

2From your hotel: There is no RER M line; the small print on the online map looks like an M but it is actually RER line A4 you want. Options are walk to Concorde metro, then either take line 8 (direction Creteil) to Opera and from Opera walk to the Auber RER station and pick up the A4 train. OR from Concorde take metro Line 1 (Direction Vincennes) to Chatelet Les Halles, transfer to RER A4.
3. It is indeed quite walkable from the train station.
4&5 not sure
Not sure what the fare is.
May 14th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks
May 14th, 2007, 11:57 AM

"Outlet world" in France is actually located in the city of Troyes -- all of the big outlet centers are concentrated there, and there are even bus trips organized from Paris.

But I think you will like La Vallée, as well as the normal Val d'Europe mall attached to it. Be sure to visit the Auchan store in Val d'Europe -- it is one of the nicest ones in France.