benitakaren on Nov 16, 17 at 7:12pm
This will be my third try to start this post so am hoping it will finally post.
Well, my exciting trip to Thailand starts in a few days and I am so excited I can hardly control myself. Last year I hosted a Fodor's GTG in Portland, Maine. I was told by the attendees that I should consider seeing Bangkok. As I am a Paris girl, Bangkok was not exactly on my radar. But when Bobby and Karen Kimball suggested I should travel with them next November for their 21st trip to Thailand, I started to think about it. Before I knew what was happening, the Kimball's had started an itinerary and my cash was dwindling right before my eyes.
My daughter's mother-in-law said she wanted to go with me so the players were set. Unfortunately, my friend Nancy had a medical situation that unexpectedly came up and she was not allowed to travel such a long distance. Nancy, we will miss you and will be thinking of you often. My Paris traveling companion came to the rescue so once again Laurel and Hardy in Drag are on the road.
My title pretty much describes the two of us. Hardy is a tall rather large woman (hereinafter referred to as 69) and Laurel is a tall thin woman (hereinafter referred to as 65). I am planning to blog every day so friends and family can see that we are not lost somewhere in the underbelly of Soi Cowboy. And, anyway, I will never write a trip report when I get home nor would I be able to remember what I did on a daily basis.
As some of you may recall, I am pretty much a control freak and when I travel I have every I dotted and t crossed. This trip I have had to let go and let Bob. He and Karen have made all the arrangements for everything and I know we are in very capable hands.
benitakaren on Nov 16, 17 at 8:10pm
Packing-it is the nightmare of every trip for me. I have looked on Youtube at various packing videos for Thailand. Why is there not some older woman showing all the stuff she takes to Thailand? Instead there are all these 00 size girls showing how they get everything in a backpack. Of course, they can do that, their 8 bikini tops and matching bottoms could fit into one of my bottoms. And I am guessing that stomach issues are not a worry and as long as they have deodorant and soap on a rope they are set.
I, on the other hand, take enough medication to cure any ailments for the entire Bangkok population. I do not understand why I do this, I know there are 7-11's everywhere. It is like a security blanket for me. I should discuss this with a shrink.
How can I put this delicately, I sweat. I can break out in a sweat walking to my car, so I presume, I will be going thru two sets of clothes a day. But, being true to form, I have packages of Woolite. I bet the thought of Woolite never crossed the minds of those size 00.
I am hoping when I start to pack in the next few days, that I can pull out some of the clothes I am planning to take. If weight wasn't a problem, oh the fun I could have packing.
Since, I usually stay in one location on a trip, and we are staying in five hotels, I have packed all my stuff in those mesh bags to try to keep organized. It will be interesting to see if this new system works for me. Next topic, shoes!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 14 beware of robbed in Milan
- 15 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 16 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 17 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 18 GTG Paris December 2017
- 19 Barcelona to Malaga
- 20 Which Area in London?
- 21 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 22 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 23 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 24 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 25 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
benitakaren on Nov 16, 17 at 7:12pm