Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Late October--will the weather be okay in the Amalfi Coast???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Laura

We're thinking about honeymooning next year in the Amalfi coast. Our wedding date is 10/25. Any advice would be much appreciated.<BR><BR>thanks!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Anna

Weather will not be sunning/swimming weather but will still probably no be real cold. Approx 50-60 days, 40-50 nights. Late October and Nov. are rainy season but still usually not downpours all day. Most guide books have weather averages in them. Use Naples as your city to get the weather for Amalfi Coast. Also remember the coast is more local then. Alot of tourist only places shut down mid-Oct. I personally love it in the late fall and early winter but it depends on your personal tastes.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:24 AM
MikeyMoo

Hi Laura<BR><BR>We went to the Amalfi coast (Scala) during the first week of October. Things were beginning to tail off at that time of year and the weather was, aside from one day, chilly at times. It was exceptionally cold however for the time of year, according to the locals. <BR><BR>You will however have a great time if your looking for a quiet romantic break in good scenery, take a couple of sweaters and you'll be fine!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:26 AM
ann

I spent the last few days of my honeymoon in Positano this Oct (22-26) and we had lovely weather -- about 78 degrees and sunny. I even went swimming in the ocean and it wasn't bad (of course I live in the Northeast so we are used to cool ocean temps). My only caution is that you cannot EXPECT great weather at that time of the year -- I understand rain is more typical. Also, I know a lot of hotels etc. close down starting Nov 1 for the off season, although some do stay open year round. We loved Positano and would certainly recommend it!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Laura

Thanks so much for the help! It does sound very appealing that it will not be touristy season. I guess we'll just have to decide whether that's what we're looking for. <BR><BR>Our other thoughts have been Greece or POrtugual...any thoughts?