Last minute trip Belfast to Dublin with 4-extra days to experience Ireland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaving soon (April) for last minute business trip to Belfast/Dublin areas, and would really appreciate itinerary recommendations for 4-extra sightseeing day/nights before return flight out of Dublin. Husband will be joining me, and we much prefer countryside/small villages to bigger cities. He would prefer train/bus/cabs, but okay with rental car if needed. Here are my initial thoughts: Option 1: Train Belfast to Dublin, than take day tours to various destinations. Option 2: Find transport from Belfast to Gallway (or other recommended location) and base there 2-nights before heading to Dublin. Option 3: Train Belfast to Dublin for 1-night, transport to Gallway (or other) for couple nights, than back to Dublin for final night before catching morning flight home. Also, day trip recommendations appreciated. Will probably skip Ring of Kerry this trip due to time. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old Apr 6th, 2015, 01:49 AM

Depends what dates and how it breaks down.. Belfast then the Antrim Coast and Glens. then Dublin? if its Belfast/Dublin then 4 days, the late or very early train to Galway. Cliffs and Burren tour or Connmeara Tour or Inis Mor tour over a couple of days then express bus/train to Dublin, Wild Wicklow or Newgrange Tour or hopper bus?
Old Apr 6th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for quick response Tony! I'll be working in Belfast Mon - Thurs, but have no schedule or plans afterwards till our return flight the following Tues morning out of Dublin. Based on your suggestions, would rental car be needed for the Antrim coast/Glens route & how does that area compare to Galway? Or as an alternative, is there transportation options from Belfast direct to Galway area? We travel quick & light, so hoping to include scenic countryside as well as enjoy exploring few landmarks & friendly pubs
Old Apr 6th, 2015, 04:20 AM

No quick route between Belfast and Galway.

This map gives some of the points of interest over and down etc http://goo.gl/xrDQtD just zoom into the areas.

Do not rent a car in the UK and return to Ireland as there will be big repatriation fee's (of course if its on expenses!!?)
Old Apr 6th, 2015, 04:20 AM

We are going to Belfast and not renting a car. I have been looking and asking and they seem to think this is a great tour for a day trip. I would not miss it since you are already in Belfast. Check out city hall while there. Built by same artisans and craftsmen that built the Titanic.
http://www.mccombscoaches.com/tours