I'm shifting jobs within the same company and by God's grace, managed to get a break before joining the new division, specifically for fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe. If all goes well, I'd apply for the Schengen visa by tomorrow and fly out on the 12th July to Frankfurt. I have to report for my new job on 18th Aug and I'm flying back from Rome on 16th Aug. This gives me 34N excluding flights to/fro home country. I know this is all too sudden but I live by CARPE DIEM
I have been daydreaming for years of spending few months in Italy (living like the locals, joining food and language courses, living on farms, etc) but that would have to wait as this is my last 'big trip' for the next 2 years (job issues) and possibly last solo trip for the foreseeable future. I love traveling and recently came back from a 2 week Bali trip.
I have spent few weeks in Spain & visited Paris for 4N couple of years back for which I got great help from veteran travellers on Fodors.
Considering all of the above, I want to travel to the highlights of Western & Central Europe over 5 weeks. Broadly I'm thinking:
Amsterdam - 4N
Berlin - 4N
Prague - 4N
Vienna - 4N
[Salzburg - 2N & Innsbruck - 2N?? Not sure]
Venice - 2N
Florence - 6N (including a day trip in a Tuscan town)
Rome - 6N (including a day trip Orvieto or some other town)
If I include Salzburg & Innsbruck, I still have 4N with me. Looking at flow of travel, any suggestions on how best to utilise 4N? Maybe a recommendation in Germany / Switzerland / Belgium, which is accessible from Frankfurt where I'm landing first, or near any of the places in my itinerary?
I know it's a lot of moving around but I'm young and this is my dream come true kinda trip!
Your kind, freewheeling and honest feedback / ideas are welcome! I'm gonna trouble you more by posting more specific questions as and how I flesh out my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Trans Siberian Train
- 15 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Iceland driving in March
- 18 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 19 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 ICELAND in February
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 11-12 nights in Portugal
Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS