We're flying to Milan in early October and have a total of 5 nights in Italy. I figure we will spend the first and last nights in Milan, so that leaves us with 3 nights to schedule. The plan is to rent a car in Milan on our way out of the city. We'd like to go to Parma for at least one night. I was there very briefly several years ago and would like to go back.
Questions for you:
The husband wants to go to Cinque Terre (We've never been.) but it sounds like the weather is iffy in October, plus possibly a hassle to get to, plus possibly loaded with tourists. Is going to Parma for one night and CT for 2 a terrible idea? I suppose we'd drive to Santa Margharita or Rapello but haven't worked out any details yet. Any advice is most appreciated!
Where would you go if not CT? We have been to Bologna (which seems like the obvious choice) several times so would prefer to go elsewhere.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan airport--which one
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 6 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Getting around Lisbon
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 21 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Visit to France
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 25 Lorie Valley and Beyond