Last detail-Suggestion for hotel near Malpensa and transportation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE will be departing from Malpensa 7/1 at 11am. My original plan was to end our trip with a few days in the lakes area, but that is not working out.Since we don't have a car, we were planning to train from the Riviera area and to stay in Turin one night and move on to Milan for one night. Seems like too many hotels and not many choices, so decided to end trip with 2 days in Milan. However, now I am worried about the distance, time and traffic from the historic area to airport and wondering if we should limit to 1 day and stay closer to airport. Suggestions??
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM

There are very frequent quick trains from Milan city center (the stop I've used is Cardona or something like that) to Malpensa, and you'll have no problem making an 11:00 am departure. I would prefer an extra night in Milan to an anonymous airport hotel. Its not like you have a 6:00 am departure.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM

And also a direct bus to Malpensa at MIlano Centrale train station--takes about an hour, depending on traffic.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:46 PM

I just got back from Italy last week and we had the same type of dilemma. We stayed in Stresa (on Lake Maggiore) our last night. There is a shuttle to Malpensa that takes 50 minutes; our hotel made the arrangements for us. Worked like a charm. We had a 10 am. flight and had to take the 6:30 shuttle, but we were very happy to have spent our last night in Italy having a relaxing walk by the lake.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
July 1, 2007, is a Sunday. I don't think you're going to have traffic problems between Milan and Malpensa.

If you haven't been to Milan before, I'd definitely recommend an afternoon and evening there before your departure, especially a summer Saturday night. To get to the airport, take either the Malpensa Shuttle Bus from Milano Centrale or the Malpensa Express Train from Cadorna Nord. Both take about an hour.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

Jelley,

Great idea-what did you think of Stressa and where did you stay?