Las Casas De La Juderia,Seville

Old May 10th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Casas De La Juderia,Seville

Anyone stay here. Casa 7 is full so heard about this hotel form a book. Is the location ok? Thank you Maribel for the web address of Casa 7 will file it away for future use.
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:49 AM

We stayed there last year and loved it. Lots of little courtyards between rooms. Small but nice rooms, good bathrooms. Never went for the breakfast so can't comment on that. It is, however, very popular and might also be full. Hope you can book it.
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:30 PM
MMM

DOCK,

I stayed there twice over the past year. I think it is some of the best money I've ever spent on a hotel: location was perfect, atmosphere of the hotel was charming, service was very good, breakfast was adequate by European standards, and the rooms were quaintly decorated although a bit small. For the price during low season, my room was without a doubt a bargain, and I plan to stay there again in the future. The hotel is within walking distance to many attractions and close to some of Seville's best tapas bars, both within and outside the Barrio itself.

MMM
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:35 PM

If you do stay there, and you will be driving, let the hotel personnel get your car into the parking lot. That was about the narrowest drive I've ever encountered in Europe. Also get very specific directions to it if driving - it's not at all easy to find.
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:42 PM

Yes, it is great. We had a huge room, a sort of suite really with a giant and wonderful bathroom. The breakfasts were great, and the location is superb. We did get detailed directions in advance, and there was a driver waiting in the street for us -- who parked our car.
At first when we were being ushered to our room we were disappointed as we were led out of the main group of rooms into a sort of alley and then into an annex, but when we saw our own courtyard and our wonderful room, we were pleasantly content.
Old May 21st, 2003, 09:41 AM

Hello,

We will be at Las Casas in June and have reservations for 3 nights.

What room(s) do you recommend requesting??

Thanks!
Sheila
Old May 21st, 2003, 09:45 AM

I stayed there too - Loved it! Rick Steves recommended it too (but maybe that is bad for this forum). Have fun in Seville - it's a great city!
Joann
Old May 21st, 2003, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Beachgirl, I do not know which specific rooms to ask for. We are staying 2 nights in July but need 2 adjacent rooms as we have our kids with us so my request was for adjacent or interconnecting rooms. Hope you have a good trip. Please post when you get back re the hotel ,location etc.Thanks ,Dock
Old May 21st, 2003, 07:30 PM

I'm green to this area

What's up with Rick Steve's??

His rec's for Paris to-do's were very helpful for us (accomodations - definately no!)

Are his reviews not worthwhile?

Just interested.
Sheila
Old May 21st, 2003, 09:21 PM

Sheila, I think his reviews are usually pretty good. Some here don't like the fact that once he recommends a quiet out-of-the-way place, it becomes over-run with Steveies.

I couldn't get a room at the Juderia when I was in Sevilla, but took a look and that's where I hope to book the next time I'm there. I stayed at the Hotel Simon and loved the location and main lobby. The room itself was so-so and a little tattered, but still clean with a nice bathroom. I'd stay there again if I couldn't get the Juderia. BTW, Sevilla is one of my favorite cities in all of Europe. Have a great time, Dock.