Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Large London Hotel Rooms (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/large-london-hotel-rooms-595016/)

matthew1916 Feb 28th, 2006 05:19 AM

Large London Hotel Rooms

I know the title of this post may sound like an oxymoron, but which hotels have the largest rooms in London. I have heard that The Landmark, Renaissance Chancery Court and Harrington Hall are consistently good sized. However, everyone always seems to qualify there estimation with 'by London standards.'

MarthaT Feb 28th, 2006 06:18 AM

I stayed at Harrington Hall Hotel last March and was really happy with the size of the room.
It was a front room facing the street, there was a decent size bed area and then the room turned a corner with a sitting area by the window with 2 chairs and a table, further on a desk and then the bathroom and a closet.
I thought it was a great room, and I have been in London rooms much smaller.

m_kingdom2 Feb 28th, 2006 07:07 AM

What's your budget?

You can have a large room at any London hotel if you can afford to pay for it!

Also, big isn't best. I always find the Landmark to be overly bland, and corporate, but then again recently someone on here managed to stay there at a very reasonable rate.

Intrepid1 Feb 28th, 2006 07:15 AM

I found the Covent Garden deluxe rooms to be of good size; I think our last one was 22 feet by 18 feet (I measured it). Of course, for you, that may or may not seem "large."

matthew1916 Mar 1st, 2006 11:14 AM

Budgetwise I was looking to pay between $400 and $500.00 per night. And yes, I do agree that an overly bland, open space is not that appealing.

m_kingdom2 Mar 1st, 2006 11:45 AM

Stay at Claridge's or The Connaught and have lots of character and history.

I never get this madness for an huge room, of course you don't want something claustrophobic, but enormous bedrooms are never intimate.

Underhill Mar 1st, 2006 01:12 PM

On our one stay at the Hilton on Park Lane we were upgraded to an executive room, which was quite large--and provided a lovely view of the gardens of Buckingham Palace as a lagniappe.

lizkn Mar 1st, 2006 02:40 PM

Two summers ago and after much research trying to find a large quad, we stayed at Mayfair Edwardian. I believe it has been remodeled and is now a Renaissance or Radisson but I wouldnt be suprised if the rooms stayed the same sizes. We found that area convenient for sightseeing, close to transportation, safe.

TravlinFool Mar 1st, 2006 06:47 PM

This past December we stayed at The Renaissance Chancery Court for about a week. Since we were only paying 118 pounds a night with breakfast included, I expected to be shuffled off to a room the size of a closet. (And wouldn't have complained, given the rate we were paying.) The room turned out to be quite comfortably sized by any city's standards. It wasn't the largest hotel room I've stayed in in London, but it was definitely the largest "standard" room. Apparently, the executive rooms at the Chancery Court are enormous.