Landis gets the yellow jersey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great stage today into Spain. Floyd got the jersey by only seconds over Dessel. There were 4 hugh climbs. OLN has great coverage.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM

I am studying French in France at the moment and am watching the French television after class. I am hoping to go maybe catch a stage this weekend. It seems like it has been a more open field and that we don*t have one team dominating,,,T Mobile looked pretty srong yesterday however. It*s going to be fun to see how this works out.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I hate to be a pain, but I watch the day's Tour at 8 pm eastern time, so can we withhold the spoilers in the subject lines??? It's easy enough to avoid coverage here in the US, until something like this pops up as I innocently surf a travel forum!
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Yes--and please keep those of us on the Pacific Coast in mind as well.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Sorry, You should still watch. The ending was very good and anyway I didn't tell you who won the stage.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM

Q?? - If Landis has an artificial hip replacement which he says he will after the race i wonder if this will impact his career - can he ride world-class races with an artificial hip? Or will he have to retire.
(He broke his hip three years ago and it didn't heal properly so affected blood flow, causing degenerative hip - it's said he's in terrible pain now - i just don't understand even how he can compete with a degenerative hip - guess it's all in the legs!)
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

I guess the worse thing is when he sprints...it makes his hip hurt alot more. He rode just amazing today though. No one has ever competed professionally with an artificial hip. He must have a high pain tolerance...and alot of determination. The scenery was so beautiful today in the mountains. Really at this point no one has a lock on the race. Its very interesting.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
That was a phenomenal stage to watch. Breaks my heart about Hincapie though. I hope he can have a Leipheimer-like recovery. I don't know how Floyd does it, because you don't notice if he's compensating for it or not (except maybe the other day that thing with the handlebars being in a weird position and then they made him change it? I wondered if that's why he chose to disclose after that happened...)