Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Landing in Rome for 5 Nights. What to do?

Landing in Rome for 5 Nights. What to do?

May 14th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Danny

Hello
In June I'm landing in Rome for 5 nights. What should I do? Stay in Rome for the whole time? Travel south or north for a couple of days and them Rome? Where to stay(budget)?
Please reply.

Thanks
Danny Bennett

May 15th, 2002, 12:12 AM
JOdy

I'm probably not a good one to respond as I love Rome so much I could stay there forever and not have to go North or south!

it is a wonderful city for walking , you can spend a whole day at the vatican alone, Borghese Museum and Gardenss are good for at least a half day , if you wander thru the rounds..there is a stable there where the police tain their horses that is fun to watch for a bit.

Just seeing the major basilicas cann take a day or more. Then there are the major tourist sites, Pza, navona, Trevi,Spanish steps, etc.

And the best part just sitting in an outdoor cafe people watching. It is a shame to rush thru the experience..get a feel for the city and the people.

There are so many postings about Rome, do a search above .

Sorry I can't help with budget hotels, but budget food is easy to find just about everywhere, and i don't mean pizza. The small trattorias are wonderful and not too pricey.
have fun

May 15th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Pauline

I'm with JOdy on this one.
5 nights in Italy, I'd spend all 5 in Rome. I spent 3 days there in May 2001 and barely scratched the surface. Sorry, can't help with the budget accomm.

Search this Thread