Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Lamb's Inn in Burford, England. Anyone stayed there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Bob

We have reservations at the Lamb's Inn in Burford, England in the Cotswold area. Has anyone out there ever stayed there? Any comments on the Inn or Burford would be appreciated.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Karen

If it is the same as Lamb's Inn in Great Rissington, it is great. Nice, pretty rooms, good restaurant/pub on bottom floor, backyard with blooming flowers and wonderful location for getting around the Cotswolds. They have a website, check and see if it is the same one. Highly recommend it.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 02:39 PM
topper

topping for Bob <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Maggie

We stayed right down the street from the Lamb's Inn several years ago. Can't recall the name of the place we actually stayed but recall we went to the pub/bar of the Lamb after dinner and thought it seemed perfect for a Cotswald visit. We also found Burford to be a great location with enough restaurant, pub and shopping options and yet still a village atmosphere. I think you will enjoy Burford.

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Shelley

We have been to the Cotswold area twice. Burford is a lovely town, although we always stay in Stow-on-the-Wold, and will again when we are there in June. I have read good things about the Lamb's Inn, and we have friends who stayed there and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stopped in one Sunday afternoon and found they don't serve food in the pub, but have wonderful full course meals in the dining room. (The food there gets wonderful reviews!) My husband had a pint and said it was the warmest beer he ever had in England, though. (Because we are Americans, he really didn't mean it as a compliment.) The Lamb's Inn is located a block or two off the main road -- High Street, if I remember correctly. It is not hard to find. In 1998, we ate a pub lunch at the Gateway, I believe --- another hotel/pub in Burford --- and had very good sandwiches there. <BR>Have a great time. The whole Cotswold area is charming, and so are the people! Make an effort to talk to the locals. Our experience has always been that they love Americans and OUR accents!

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Bob

Thanks for the help. I have received good info from the hotel and the pictures look great. Any other Cotswolds tips would be appreciated.