Dear Fellow Travelers,
My wife and I plan to spend two weeks in the UK in the first two weeks of September. Our first week will be dedicated to London where she's never been and I haven't been for 25 years...we plan to mix in a couple of day trips to Cambridge and Brighton (possibly Windsor as well). The plan is to then leave London by train and pickup a car wherever we end up so we will be mobile, though we do prefer to pick a "home base" and then explore every day in a different direction (as opposed to one night here, one night there and living out of our suitcases).
We are currently considering the Lakes District and North Wales and should have a good 5 or 6 days to enjoy. We do love history and castles as well as natural beauty, but aren't the very physical sort so any walks should be relatively easy. We intend to slow down just a bit after visiting busy London and look to romance it up with leisure drives, scenic beauty, etc.
Afterwards, we're thinking of flying out of Manchester back to NYC to avoid returning back to London. I'd love to hear your thoughts and preferences, including whether you think that with only 5-6 days we'd be wasting our time in one place or the other. Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
Dear Fellow Travelers,