My husband and I are traveling to northern Italy in early November and want to spend two or three days around lake maggiore and/or lake como. It's hard to tell which towns would be best at this time of year given many of the hotels are closed.
Ideally we'd like to stay somewhere that has great food and wine options nearby (walking if possible). We don't mind moving around a little bit, staying one night in each town, so it would be great to have a few options. Also don't mind a quite town as long as there are good local food options. In terms of budget, we'd want to stay under $300-400 a night but could do some splurge and some basic. Also not opposed to driving into Switzerland for a night as long as the roads are ok.
From the lakes, we plan to head to alto adige, weather permitting then on to Verona.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- especially hotel and restaurant recommendations.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Browsing Barcelona
- 8 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 9 land vs river cruise
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona