I am thinking of spending the 25-27th May weekend (bank holiday) in Lake District with 1-2 other friends. We are looking for some place with plenty of walking/hiking (2 of us are quite fit - gym daily, the 3rd even better - marathons etc).
I am looking for a location with the following priorities (in descending order):
1. As few tourists as possible
2. Lots of walking/ outdoor acitivities
3. Possible to reach without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTYAHOO Techh care
- 2 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACTKODAK Techh care
- 3 Barcelona to Malaga
- 4 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 5 Trains - website?
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 First time in Spain
- 10 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 11 family trip to Germany and more
- 12 Visit to France
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 Packing Champagne
- 17 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Paris Apartment
- 20 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 21 Milan airport--which one
- 22 two days in Nice
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
Lake District on the May bank holiday - fewer tourists and more walking?