My girlfriend and I are going to Italy in a few months (we'll be arriving in Milan at 10:40a on Friday, April 22 and departing from Rome at 10:35a on Sunday, May 1, 2016) and I was hoping to get your advice on our plans - sorry, I know it's a lot to ask. Right now, the only things that are set in stone are an Airbnb in Moltrasio (Lake Como) for 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and an Airbnb in Rome for 2 nights at the end of the trip. We have already done the tourist stops in Italy (Florence, Venice, Milan, even Rome) so we are looking for a different kind of experience.
I got an email from Osteria Francescana - that we got in off the waitlist for a lunch table on Thursday, April 28. That kind of threw a wrench in our plans because it's towards the end of our trip and in North Italy and my girlfriend and I were dying to check out the Amalfi Coast. Here's our initial itinerary:
Friday, April 22, 2016 - Arrive in Milan. 45 minute drive from to Moltrasio. Night 1 in Moltrasio.
Saturday, April 23, 2016 - Night 2 in Moltrasio
Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 45 minute drive from Moltrasio to Milan Centrale. 4hr15min train to Napoli. Ferry or private car to Positano. Night 1 in Positano
Monday, April 25, 2016 - Night 2 in Positano
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - Night 3 in Positano
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - Ferry or private car to Naples, 4hr train to Modena through Bologna. Night 1 in Modena
Thursday, April 28, 2016 - Lunch at Osteria Francescana, Night 2 in Modena
Friday, April 29, 2016 - 2hr30min hour train from Modena to Rome, Night 1 in Rome
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - Night 2 in Rome - Airbnb in Trastevere
Sunday May 1, 2016 - Depart Rome
I guess my questions are:
Do you think that is doable?
Do you think we are trying to do too much by doing the North and South in 10 days?
What would you do if you were us?
What would you forgo?
We are seriously open to any and all options! I really appreciate any and all opinions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 First time in Spain
- 4 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 5 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Camino de Santiago - tour companies?
- 16 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 17 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)