For the first part of our Italian leg of our Europe holiday we plan on spending 4 nights in Lake Como (this will be beginning of June). We will not have a car in this area and plan to arrive on train (via Milan). Can you please advise the best area to look for accommodation in this area if we are wanting to rely on walking and public transport, Would it be best to base ourselves in the actual town of Como, or are there other villages that people would recommend? It will be myself and boyfriend and we will look for a self catering rental or B&B.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 Visit to France
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 24 New fast track
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips