Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Lafourchette.com (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/lafourchette-com-896724/)

Micheline Jun 28th, 2011 05:10 AM

Lafourchette.com

Have any of you used this site? Can you recommend one of their listed restaurants in the 3rd, 4th or 5th?

Christina Jun 28th, 2011 08:45 AM

I haven't used that site, it looks like a convenient way to reserve, and there are some discounts.

I'm not a big foodie so don't seek special restaurants that much, and of course, don't know most of the dozens they list. YOu might just go by the ratings and reviews, that's a lot of info.

In any case, Perraudin and Le Petit Prince are pretty good in the 5th arr. Chez Jenny is decent in the 3rd if you want that Alsacienne cuisine.

Micheline Jun 28th, 2011 12:04 PM

Thanks Christine I'm staying in the 3rd at 60 rue Quincampoix and will check out the Alsacienne restaurant.

denisea Jun 28th, 2011 01:29 PM

I have used the site a afew times but not in the arrondisements you are looking it. No problem with the site or the reservations.

Micheline Jun 28th, 2011 03:47 PM

I just made a reservation for l'Incontro in the 5th. There is a 40% discount.

nwtraveler Jun 28th, 2011 04:31 PM

I used it twice on my last trip to Paris and it worked out really well.

ardithl Jun 28th, 2011 05:21 PM

I used it for several reservations before our trip. The only one that had a promotion going was le Reminet, and there were no issues with the restaurant honoring it. (A promotion was not a factor in my dining decisions.)

I also called 2 restaurants that do not take online reservations, and using LaFourchette was much easier!

What price range and type of food/ambiance are you looking for?

kja Jun 28th, 2011 05:32 PM

I used the English version (The Fork) after seeing it recommended here on Fodor's. Worked for me without problem!

Micheline Jun 28th, 2011 05:41 PM

Thank you for your replies. I feel confident about using it now.

DebitNM Feb 22nd, 2012 02:13 PM

Micheline - How was your stay at 60 rue Quincampoix? I am looking at an apartment there for a stay in October.

We stayed on Rue de la Verrerie in the 4th last spring and really liked the feel/vibe of the neighborhood.

Was it noisy at night or early morning? Weekend late night noise from the street?

Not sure if we would get the same vibe as we had last year, where we really felt comfortable. Apt is owned by same owner and we loved working with him.

Thanks and any neighborhood suggestions would be appreciated!

Micheline Feb 25th, 2012 06:50 PM

Hi DebitNM We really liked the studio we stayed in. It was larger than the pictures showed. we were very comfortable there but there is a club on the first floor so it was pretty noisy at night. Sylvain was a great host. Although it was close to everything the neighborhood is not my favorite. I have stayed on rue des Rosiers and in the Latin Quarter and prefer those locations.

Micheline Feb 25th, 2012 07:10 PM

Hi me again. I just realized that I remember when you wrote that you were renting Sylvain's other apartment. Wasn't there a pretty large cleaning fee? I just read one of your posts where you say there was no cleaning fee. I thought you mentioned negotiating a better price. I tried to rent it after reading your post and that' s how I ended up getting the studio. I've only seen pictures of the apartment but I think you will find the studio to be much smaller but still great for two people.

DebitNM Feb 25th, 2012 07:59 PM

We paid no cleaning fee for the larger apt. There was no negotiation on the price, we paid the listed amount. Did you pay a cleaning fee for the studio?

How bad was the noise from the club? How late did it last into the evening?

I didn't realize that you actually stayed in Sylvain's apt; thought it was perhaps another rental at same location.

Was there noise from the elevator? It looks like it is right behind the wall where the bed is located.

DebitNM Feb 25th, 2012 08:08 PM

What floor was the studio - second/American [first Parisian] so that is was right over the club??

Micheline Feb 26th, 2012 04:46 AM

I think it was the third (French) floor. There was no noise from the elevator. And no noise from the club itself but noise from the patrons standing outside taking a break was definitely an issue as their voices really carried until approx 1 a.m.
I guess I read someone else's post re the cleaning fee. We did pay a fee but that was last June and maybe it is now covered in the rent.
It is very close to the Pompidou. Even though it is not my favourite location I would still recommend it and may even stay there again.
Where did you find the listing? I only heard about it when I inquired about Sylvain's other listing and he sent me pictures.

DebitNM Feb 26th, 2012 05:17 AM

It is now on vrbo. I didn't know it was his listing. I sent him an email about the larger apt. I was also browsing vrbo and found the studio. As I read the comments, I realized it was his. Any chance we could correspond via email instead of on here? IF so, same name at gmail dot com

Micheline Feb 26th, 2012 05:56 AM

Ok. Will get back to you later. Have to go out now.

Micheline Feb 29th, 2012 03:21 AM

Did you get my email?

DebitNM Feb 29th, 2012 06:25 AM

Sorry, I did but have been busy. Will reply later today. Thanks!