Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > La Fenice - Positano, room question
Notices

La Fenice - Positano, room question

Jun 9th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

La Fenice - Positano, room question

We wlll be in Positano in September. Several friends have recommended La Fenice, and it is also a 'Fodor's Choice'. The only double room available is on the pool terrace instead of having a private terrace. This may not be a big deal, but wanted to check. I've heard all the rooms have a sea vew, etc.

If you stayed here, please let me know your opinion!
Jun 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM

Have not stayed there. Check out Hotel Marincanto. outside of the main hotel, they have a beautiful private villa next to them over seeing the whole ocean and town. i was there a month ago and it was phenomenal and absolutely cheap compared to your choice. The superior rooms have a great view of the ocean and town as well on the main building. The infinity pool is a huge bonus. Positano beaches is more to see than to swim. way too rocky and the rocks are dark. it is quite unappealing so the pool after a hot day of shopping and sight seeing is a welcome choice.
Jun 12th, 2013, 10:06 AM
ekc

"Positano beaches is more to see than to swim. way too rocky and the rocks are dark. it is quite unappealing"

I wholeheartedly, but respectfully, disagree. I have spent several very enjoyable days on the beaches in and around Positano.

The only issue I see with a pool terrace, as opposed to a private terrace, is the noise factor. The views are all wonderful.
Mar 20th, 2014, 03:16 AM

Did you end up staying at the terrace room in La Fenice?
My daughter and I are travelling to Positano in July and the only double room available is on the pool terrace (not private balcony). Wanted to know what its like.
Thanks

Search this Thread