LA CHAINE D'OR?

Jun 1st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

LA CHAINE D'OR?

I had made a reservation for one night here in Sept. Now I seem to read some not so good reviews. Has anyone stayed here lately? Do you recommend it and how is the restaurant. Thanks
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:54 PM

We were just there the end of April and loved it! We stayed in Room #10 which was huge and had a view of the Seine River. Dinner was one of our best meals in France. We had the fixed prix menu. Dining room is lovely - done in mauves and has a view of the Seine also. Parking right on site so that was nice too. I would definetly recommend it.
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:14 PM

We just stayed there a few weeks ago--read my report "Paris When it Sizzles"....

We've stayed in room 10 twice 3 years apart. Yes, I'd still recommend it, but I think they could put a few $100 into room decor freshening. And, yes, the food (and the view) are both wonderful.
Jun 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM

The rooms are not what I'd call fancy, rather simply decorated but very comfortable. If you have a room in the back it will overlook the Seine, as does the dining room. The food is excellent, and the room itself is the very model of a country restaurant. If the apple tart flamed with calvados is on the dessert menu, order it at once!

Hoping,

I still haven't been able to find your report. Could you please send it via e-mail? Thanks.
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM

Alas, it did not.
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM

Just sent you by e-mail a copy that I sent my sister. Keep in mind that a LOT of the stuff won't show up anywhere!

Thanks for all your help.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 12:53 AM

You have to click on the title of your thread to get the right link
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35134071
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. When I made the reservation all the reviews were good so hearing the bad reviews put doubts in my mind. I feel better about it now. I am really looking forward to the good meal and I will definately order the apple tart.
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM

Thanks, Hoping and Coco. Now I can read the report via e-mail AND on line.