Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

L 310.000 fair price for Hermitage Hotel in Florence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Ginger

We will be staying there in December.

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Patrick

Sounds reasonable to me. It's certainly less than we paid three or four years in the summer. I'd be happy with that rate. I really liked the Hermitage.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 10:06 AM
Duck

<BR>Sounds cheap! In October '99 we paid L350,000 for double on 2nd floor. Our US Dollar deposit was $212. We really liked hotel ~ however, will be extremely noisy during day. Would prefer room as high as possible. Enjoy!

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 01:32 PM
Anita

Love this hotel! Quoted rate sounds very good. Rooms in front have nice views (river, Vesari Corridor) but can be noisy (scooters) until 11 p.m. and starting again at 6:30 a.m. Rooms in back facing Duomo are quieter. We had a front room with a wonderful shower/jacuzzi-for-2 combo squeezed into a small bathroom. I think we paid $190 a night in late 1999. The breakfast (included) was just rolls, cheese, excellent coffee, but for a small charge you could order eggs, bacon. We could make it all the way to afternoon gelato on the breakfast. Don't miss the views from the roof-top terrace.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 01:36 PM
Patrick

One of the pleasures of traveling in the summer -- that nice breakfast is served on the roof in summer! Almost made me not want to go out and do anything for the day.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 03:38 PM
Patty

We stayed at the Hermitage in 1990 when it was a "pensione". It was very nice with a great top floor terrace. Last year I highly recommended it to a friend and her comment when she returned was that it was the most expensive hotel they stayed in, and their last choice of all the others. Except for the location which is "primo" it doesn't sound very different from when I was there. <BR><BR>Comments please, as I am planning a trip to Italy including Florence.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 03:41 PM
James

Except for the location, overpriced.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 03:29 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

I agree--stayed there in 1984 for about $90 and they have gone up every year since. There is better value in town, but the location is great.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 03:41 PM
kam

Been a while since we've been in Florence, but have you checked with the H. Calzaiuoli? Also in an excellent location. Don't know current rates though.