Krka tranpost to without car/ tour

Old Aug 11th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krka tranpost to without car/ tour

Hi all,

I'm looking to visit Krka NP in a weeks time to spend one full day there.

I'm staying in Sibenik (near Jacobs Cathedral) for 2 nights and am relying on public transport.

I have a few questions I can't seem to find answers for on visiting Krka without car/ tour:

1. I'm happy to leave early in the morning from Sibenik to get there for around 8am via bus.
What is the best entrance to go to via bus at this time in the morning?
I belive Skradin would be my best bet?

2. I would like to visit the main waterfall and dip in for a swim first (before it becomes over crowded, could someone recommend a route plan (therefore I would like to avoid the long boat journeys first and maybe take them later in the afternoons)

3. Closing time is fairly late but is the public transport running regularly in the evenings back to Sibenik?

Is this all doable without a tour/ car (in peak season), i heard sometimes the boat journeys are fully booked and may end up waiting hours for the next one.

I've not booked our tickets as we've not decided which of the 2 days we want to visit (depending on weather etc)

Thanks
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 11:57 AM

I drove to Skradin, parked my car, and took the boat up to Skradinski Buk, the big waterfall. I took the boat back to Skradin a few hours later. I didn't do boat excursions elsewhere in the park. You can hike from Skradin up to Skradinki Buk too I believe, but the boat is a pleasant journey. You could certainly take a bus to Skradin and do what I did.

I don't recall seats on that boat being reserved; it was first come, first board. If you are in the queue early enough, you are guaranteed to get on. The longer boat rides - reserved? Not sure.

Try the website GetByBus to dig up the bus connection info:

https://getbybus.com/en/blog/bus-krka/

Skradin isn't the only entrance as you see.
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, it seems the earliest bus from Sibenik to Skradin is 11.15am!!! Is this correct?
This is probably the peak time, I was looking to get there for 8-8.30am and exploring for the best part of the day before it becomes super busy.
Does any one know if there are any buses earlier in August?

Thanks
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 12:37 PM

There are excursion tours from Sibenik though they may be more expensive than the public buses. Here's one from Atlas:

http://www.atlas-croatia.com/arrange...national-park/

57 Euros round trip (includes park entrance fee of about 25 Euros in high season) - but it sounds like it's basically just a bus ride to/from Skradin to the boat launch. Not much different than doing it yourselves. But, it would get you to Skradinski Buk by 9:30. You're paying an extra fee of about 22 Euros per person vs. public buses. There must be other excursions as well.

Could be you can find cheaper/earlier transport once you arrive in Sibenik. If you have booked lodgings, I would check with the host - often they have leads on people will take you, maybe just one way (take local bus home?). Uber operates in Croatia but maybe not around Sibenik.
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM
kja

1. Depends on what you want to see and do! If you want to see the upper lakes, I’d get off there. If you just want the lower portion of the park, then getting off in Skradin and returning there would make sense.

2. If you aren’t going to the upper lakes, you might consider getting off in Skradin, taking the boat, visiting what you want, and then walking back to Skradin. And BTW, it’s a walk, not a hike.

3. IIRC, there were 3 buses to and from Sibenik each day; I could have that wrong or it could have changed. Have you checked? Look at rome2rio.com to try to identify the names of the bus companies, and then look at their websites for the actual schedules, as the ones on rome2rio don’t reflect seasonal variation.

It should all be do-able by public transportation, although I don’t know how crowded the buses would be when you are there. You might buy your tickets (round trip) as soon as you arrive in Sibenik, so you can plan accordingly.

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
kja

Here's a schedule: (click on "Polazak i odlazak subotom" to get the actual schedule. It's in Croatian, but its pretty easy to read.
http://atpsi.hr/hr/?page_id=421

(It's amazing what a simple google search can reveal!)
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, i really want to avoid spending another €20-€30 on a tour company just for a ride to the park and then having to rush around for may be an hour or 2 as i'll have to stick to their schedule.
Its a shame the public transport is not earlier/ more frequent for such a great attraction. I'll email my apartment and find out a better option.