Krakow glass Christmas ornaments

Old Jan 16th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krakow glass Christmas ornaments

About ten years ago I visited Krakow and bought fantastic glass Christmas ornaments. The ones in the shops were different and varied but the least expensive were from an "outlet" that was on the second or third floor of an old palace. The ornaments were in wicker baskets on the parquet floor of the large ballroom of the palace. A friend is traveling to Krakow and I am trying to get the address of the "outlet" so that she can enjoy the same experience. Can anyone help or does this discount shop not exist any more?
Old Jan 16th, 2017, 08:55 AM

This is not the place you are asking about, but we went to the stained glass museum just outside the square and there were souvenirs to be purchased from their workshop. The tour was also informative and the guide quite personable (ours was in English).
http://muzeumwitrazu.pl/souvenirs/
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 11:21 AM

The shop is still there off the square. I was there in 2012 but it was closed for the day. Google where the Queen buys her ornaments. She is posted on the walls of the shop as being a patron. Or use Google earth and scan the street views. I did this for a shop in Amsterdam and found it by the street location visually. Good luck!