Reload this Page >

Krakow & zakopane - your insights?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Brigitte

We are going to Krakow in late April, andplan to drive to Zakopane. I am curious about the weather at that time of year in the Tatras. <BR><BR>Also, will be looking for a guide in Zakopane to take us to a few surrounding villages as we look for information on ancestors in Nowa Biala. DOes anyone know a student or teacher who might serve as a guide in Zakopane? <BR><BR>Any other insights about best hotel in Zakopane is helpful. Thanks

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Hanna

April and November are the worst months to visit Zakopane. It is still winter and snow everywhere in April and cold with winds can be nasty. I would change dates to June.<BR>April is almost always rainy, cold and gray in Krakow

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Briitte

thanks for the information. I wonder if that means the roads will be bad? We were planning on driving to Zakopane, because we thought that there might be signs of spring by that time. Having never driven an auto in Poland, we are uncertain of what is in sotre for us. Now I am concerned that the weather migh be troublesome. There are no guidebooks which cover remote areas like Zakopane with htis kind of detail. Thank you.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Angela

We made a mistake of going to Zakopane in the end of April. Don't count on any spring but you will have plenty of rain, cold going through your bones, and mud. Good luck

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Catherine

We're also thinking about Zakopane.<BR>What is the best hotel in Zakopane ?<BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Linda

You never know about the weather. I was in Zakopane in December 2000 and it was in the 50's. I took the bus because it was faster than the train. It stops at a few villages along the way.