Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Know plane or train sites- Venice to Paris? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/know-plane-or-train-sites-venice-to-paris-325392/)

ciaodeb Mar 17th, 2008 06:25 PM

Know plane or train sites- Venice to Paris?

My 15 year old daughter and I want to get to Paris from Venice. She will be in a program in Lignano Sabbiodoro, outside of Venice, where I am picking her up on program last day of 2 Aug.'08. Since group has a 7:35 flight, we will go with them to airport and fly to Paris. My daughter is not returning with group to USA as we will spend few days in Paris until remainder of our family arrives in Itlay, six days later. We then meet my husband and son back in Venice and start a 2-wk. family trip in Italy.

I checked out Mylow.com, Easyjet.com and Vueling.com and only Mylow.com has a 7:30 flight to make it easy on us getting to airport with group. Round trip price for two is most expensive at E. 335.20. Easyjet is E. 214.92, leaves 14:35 and Vueling is E. 218.06 leaving 16:05. Do you know of any other airlines that have good prices?

I considered train but ride is 10-12 hours long. I do not care to do overnight due to a bad situation years ago; I was robbed as the belt holding sliding door shut was picked and opened.

I checked bahn.com and it was hard to maneuver site so never got price. I want to look into a day train just to make comparison of price and trip time. Do you know of other train sites that are Italian or French? I know France has the bullet type trains that are super fast, but do they come into Italy to pick up passengers going to Paris? Thank you for any suggestions.

Travelnut Mar 17th, 2008 07:49 PM

Bahn.de is good for schedules but I don't think you can get non-German route prices on it.

The Italian rail site is
www.trenitalia.com

shellio Mar 17th, 2008 11:08 PM

Myair.com has a flight leaving Venice at 7:30 A.M. The price for a round trip, leaving Venice August 2 and returning August 8 at 9:40 A.M. is Euros 167.60.

ira Mar 18th, 2008 07:22 AM

Hi C,
I looked up your flights at www.myair.com.

Your outbound flight is on a Saturday. That's a 30E pp premium.

www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html has Smart Price fares of 29E on the 12:52 from Venice to Paris.

((I))

ciaodeb Mar 19th, 2008 03:16 PM

This is strange, I replied and it never appeared! Here goes again . . .

Thank you for your replies. I did check train and it leaves 20.07 and arrives next day 8:47 and I prefer not to take an overnight train. Back to plane.

Mylow has price for TWO people leaving Venice on 2 Aug. at 7:30 and returning from Paris to Venice on 7 Aug. 9:40 departure. Price is E. 325.22 and the MOST expensive of the three I originally mentioned. BUT, it is ONLY one to leave at that hour and it is important as we will get ride with my daughter's group from Lignano Sabbiadoro (west of Venice towards Trieste) to the airport. Group has a flight at 7:35 so I am appreciate of ride with group.

Should I just bit the bullet and book this flight? Other airlines are ~E. 135 LESS but they are afternoon departures (14:00 and 20:00) so if I took the 14:00 flight I'd have to remain at Venice airport all morning when I could be in Paris. What would you do?

Does anyone know of any OTHER airlines I can look into? Venice to Paris route.