Kilronan House in Dublin

Jan 31st, 2006, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Kilronan House in Dublin

Hi -
Does anyone know if they offer any laundry facilities at the Kilronan, or if there is a laundrymat near by?

TIA!
Monica
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM

We stayed at the Harcourt Hotel, which is fairly near the Kilronan House. There were a couple of laundries within 15 minutes walk of the Harcourt. I walked to one, dropped off the laundry, and picked it up clean and folded. I wish I could tell you the street name, but the streets seem to change every few blocks, anyway. Also, we did have a B&B do our laundry once, but it was quite expensive.
Feb 1st, 2006, 02:02 AM

You can ask but once again this is not a service B&B's provide and I would never dream of asking them. B&B's are not hotels and the service is really just Bed and breakfast while a few others may offer some additional services at a fee.

Try
Crown Dry Cleaners Dublin Dublin 2 Lower Camden street, Dublin 2 475-3584. Its walkable from Kilronan

Excel Dry Cleaners Dublin Dublin 2 Moira house, Dame lane, Trinity street 677-6878

The Wash House http://www.washhouse.net/

Call and ask if they do a was and fold service.
Feb 1st, 2006, 05:38 AM

There is a launderetter a few minutes walk away at" Harcourt Launderette", Charlemount Street, Dublin 2
Feb 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM

Siobhan: I have had owners of B&B's mention that the people who provide their maid service also do laundry on the side as a way of increasing their income. It never seemed odd or offensive to me, although it has been pricey when we've taken them up on it.
Feb 1st, 2006, 07:35 PM

The guesthouse I stayed in Clifden offered laundry serve. I'll say it was a little steep. I went back to using the sink and woolite.
Feb 2nd, 2006, 02:35 AM

Maybe it's different from an Irish )Persepectives as we would be using a B&B or travelling for shorter poeriods. I also just think of my poor auntie doing mounds of Laundry for the everyday running of the B&B she used to have and would probably dies if anyone asked her to do more . If offered in their literature sure it's fine but i still think I would drop it to a laundrette.

Search this Thread