My husband and I are starting to dip our toes in the water of planning our kids' (they are currently 3.5 and 8.5, and will be 5 & 10 at the time of travel) first trip to Europe. They have previously traveled to the UK at ages 1 & 6, but that was mainly for a funeral. I'm calling this their first trip as it's the first one both will remember.
We are open to anything, but would prefer not to repeat just a UK itinerary. DH & I (as well as my parents who may travel with us) have traveled to Europe before. In fact, we went to Italy earlier this year and received some great advice on these forums!
My kids are good travelers. They are great on airplanes/trains/cars. They are typically pretty adventurous eaters. They both like learning about cultures, languages, and other countries.
For their first trip, I'm thinking no more than 10-12 nights. I think we'd be best to only change locations about 3 times (4 at the absolute most).
Where would you go? How long would you stay? We have thought about and talked about Iceland, Italy, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland.. on and on.
I'd be grateful for any advice you have. Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris November 2017
- 2 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Moscow Hotels
- 5 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 6 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 7 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 8 Airport Transfer
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 11 9 day trip to France
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 14 New Years in France
- 15 Barcelona tour option help please
- 16 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 19 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 20 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 21 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 22 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 23 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 24 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 25 Which Aran Island??