Reload this Page >

Kids Clothing/toys in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Christine

Any recommendations for wonderful places to shop for children's clothing or toys in Rome, Venice, Florence or Sorrento? Can you tell I'm a new grandmother?!

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Christine

OK - I give up!!! This is my second try at posting this in the ITALY folder and it keeps showing up in the EUROPE folder. Anyone else having an awful time getting this board to "work". The message either goes where it wants or goes away!!!!! SOooooo frustrating!! How are you all getting your posts to stay in the ITALY section???? HELP!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 05:13 AM
tuscanybound

Hi Christine..I was in Tuscany a few weeks ago (although didn't get into Florence) and was very disappointed in the choices of kids clothing/toys etc. I am also a new grandmother and was particularly interested in handmade Italian sweater or some such handmade clothing for my new grandson for Xmas. But no luck and we did look everywhere. Ended up buying a fairly boring outfit cause it was made in Italy. And I think re. your post that if you post to any specific "country" it also comes up in the Europe folder as well as the Italy search engine. So don't despair! You can access it either way I think.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Surlok

Christine, <BR> <BR>For clothing, go to La Cigogna, it's in Piazza di Spagna, I'm not sure if at Via Frattina, but it's a big store at a corner. Italian shoes are wonderful, both Chicco shoes and Naturino. They fit well, and kids get much more stable walking on them. There's a Chicco store in Trastevere, have your hotel concierge finding out the address for you. The prices are much lower there. <BR> <BR>For toys, there's a store in Via del Corso, they carry some nice dolls, and also car miniatures, and some other stuff. It's a few blocks north from Hotel Plaza, on the same side. <BR> <BR>The most interesting toys store, handcrafted toys, that I've seen in Italy was is Assisi, but you'll find beatiful puppets in the vicinity of San Marco square, in Venice. <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Surlok

Sorry, both stores I recommended, La Cigogna, and the toys store in Via del Corso, and also the Chicco store in Trastevere are in Rome, just in case you haven't figured out which city I was referring to. <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 01:12 PM
xxx

There are Chicco stores and Prenatal stores all over Italy. <BR>Always more than one in each city. <BR>They are good for clothes and shoes. <BR>Love the shoes from Chicco. <BR>You can also find Brummel and Baby Snob in most cities, too. <BR>You can ask at any hotel you are staying at and they always know where a child store is. <BR>Toys are a bit different as most tourists are looking for something they won't find at home. <BR>There is a good one near the Trevi Fountain in Rome and a nice one you will pass while walking around Venice. <BR>Sorry, can't remember the addresses, I just know where they are and go. <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Surlok

Christine, <BR> <BR>I wouldn't rely on what xxx says. Not all hotel concierges will know where the children clothing stores are. I had a hard time finding them out myself, no help at all from the hotel concierge, and I was staying at the Plaza at Via del Corso. <BR> <BR>There are other Chicco stores all over Italy, and also in Rome but, but the prices at this one in Trastevere were really good, besides it was the closest location we found from the historic center. <BR> <BR>I didn't see any in Florence, but I found one in Bassano di Grappa, that carried Chicco and other Italian, and international brands as well, (like Ralph Lauren), another one in Treeviso, but the selection was poor, as I found them in Venice, but the prices were outrageously high. <BR> <BR>La Cigogna is also an expensive store, but at least it's in a handy, and easy to find location, besides the very large selection they have there. You'll find La Cigogna stores all over Italy, and even in another European cities. I've seen one in Knightsbrige, London. <BR> <BR>Since Rome is both, touristic, but also a large city, with more people having kids, and needing to buy them clothes, you'll likely find better prices there than in Florence, Venice, and overall, Sorrento, that is mostly touristic. <BR> <BR>Surlok <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 02:06 PM
xxx

If your concierge cannot tell you where a Chicco or Prenatal is, then you could easily ask him (or do it yourself) to look in the yellow pages and see which one is closest to where you are staying. <BR>He could even tell you what other kids stores are near by. <BR>Your hotel should be able to supply you with the english yellow pages (as it does exist). <BR>

Old Sep 5th, 2004, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you!