I'd love to hear your suggestions for family-friendly day trips from Barcelona. We'll be there in February. Our girls will be 11 and 8yo. Medieval cities, history, castles, that kind of thing (rather than amusement parks, etc). Also, can anyone recommend an excellent tour company that facilitates day trips from Barc?
For some context, we are planning an 8-day trip to Spain in February. Thinking we will base ourselves in Barcelona. Considering taking a train to the Andalucia region and spending two or so days there. (I'd love to see the Alhambra.)
Does this sound like a good plan? I'll take any suggestions you want to offer. We've never been to Spain before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 3 Poland--where else to go
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Help with Spain itinerary
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 16 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 19 South of France
- 20 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19