My family of 4 (kids 12 & 9) will be in Amsterdam the week after Easter (9-14 April) and plan to visit the Keukenhof Gardens on one day. I see from the website that I can buy our tickets ahead of time without picking a specific day. I also see that I can buy a combi-ticket that includes transportation from Schipol to Keukenhof via the 58 bus.
Is this the preferred method for using public transportation?
We will be staying in the Jordaan. It looks like it is 1.2 km to Leidseplein and bus 197 or 1.6 km (and likely a tram ride) to Central and the train. What's the easiest way to get to Schipol for us?
Any timing tips early/late/etc.? We are normally early birds but it would be a little much to try to get there at 8 when it opens. I've heard that it's worth letting things try to warm up a bit so the flower open up as well. Thoughts?
Any general public transportation guides for Amsterdam in general?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 2 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 3 Trans Siberian Train
- 4 Greece during Easter week or August
- 5 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 6 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 10 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 My France Vacation
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 16 GTG Paris December 2017
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 20 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 Iceland driving in March
- 23 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 24 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?