Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

KENSINGTON AREA HOTELS - JURY'S, MONTANA, COUNTRY INN & SUITES

May 13th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Need opinions and experiences on these hotels in Kensington. Need a reasonable hotel with good breakfast. We want to see lots of museums and we only have 2 days. Thanks for your input.
May 13th, 2004, 10:28 AM

Stayed at the Jury for 2 nights about 8 yrs ago. Breakfast was continental or you could pay for a full English Breakfast. Accommodations were good. More recently I stayed at the Rembrandt on Thorloe Place. Breakfast was the same set up as Jury's but I liked the Rembrandt accommodation better, depends on when you're going, can be a bit pricy in season, but you can walk to South Kensington Underground, you can walk to Hyde Park and Harrods. My preference today is to rent a flat. Some great one's on Earl Court Road, not expensive and convient.
May 14th, 2004, 06:17 AM

I've heard very good comments on the Montana. Many travelers on the AOL London Travel board recommend it.

May 14th, 2004, 08:33 AM

Two of us stayed at the Montana last year. It is a three star hotel so one needs to keep that in mind when judging it. We had a front (Gloucester Rd) room that was fair sized with en suite bathroom. It was not airconditioned so we had to leave the windows open for air--Noise from the street was noticeable. But I used ear plugs and was fine.

The location is great--right across from the Gloucester tube station. If you are flying from Heathrow, the piccadilly line goes right to the airport.

It seems like the Montana also had rooms in a different corridor that had shared baths but I didn't check that out.

The breakfast that was included in the room price was toast and coffee or something like that. We paid something more and had the full English breakfast which was not that great. Go across the street and eat in the cafe.

Over all it was worth the internet price that we found and was convenient to everything. Loved the Cafe Flo just up the street.
May 14th, 2004, 08:58 AM

I've stayed at the Montana. It's in my favorite area and I pick from several based on price. The Montana is the most basic of the choices. Comfortable enough, and on a busy street so there can be street noise (and bright lights at night). The staff was very very helpful. The breakfast room is an Indian restaurant by night so when you pop in for your tea, juice and toast it still kind of smells like Indian food.

Two others in the area I like are the Millenneum Baileys and Edwardian Radisson. Check www.hotel-booker.com and www.londontown.com Sometimes those two nicer places will come up costing less than the Montana.