Kensgate House Apartments Emperor's Gate

Sep 24th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Kensgate House Apartments Emperor's Gate

Hello, has anybody stayed at the 38 Emperor's Gate apts. Kensington, London?
http://www.accomodata.co.uk/360999.htm

We received a very nice quote, but cannot find any pictures (except for building itself). We are a family of four traveling to London in the Spring. May 29 to June 7. They have offered us a studio with 2 single beds on an mezzanine, a double bed, shower, and kitchenette. It's on the ground floor, and this worries me, because usually windows do not open on ground floor. I am worried it may be hot.

We also are thinking of staying at the Cloisters Chelsea. This is a one bedroom, not studio. It is more expensive, but may be better for our family.
http://www.chelsea-cloisters.co.uk/

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Sep 24th, 2005, 09:21 PM

Hi there, Not sure if this will help or not? http://www.apartment-hotels.com/ We have booked in here for 9 nights in Jan. They have been so helpful and easy to deal with. Sounds like its in much the same area. I found this one by searching myself, but since have 'discovered' Fodors. And I found a great report from 'Shandi' on these exact apartments, so I was very relieved, hope it helps.
Sep 25th, 2005, 04:47 AM

Aussiedreamer, I don't think you are booked at the same place as NurseLRT. You are booked at flats owned by the Arnold family and located at 5 Emperor's Gate. NurseLRT has a quote from an apartment at 38.

We have stayed where Aussiedreamer is going to stay many times. You are right, the owners are very helpful and the apartments are located in a nice area. It works really well for our family. We've only stayed at the Knaresborough address, never the Emperor's Gate building. NurseLRT, this is a safe nice area and convenient to the tube. Don't know where the building in Chelsea is, but you might check tube location if you will need that transportation.
Sep 25th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for this helpful information. I will check out the apartments owned by the Arnold family.
Sep 25th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Thanks, Sprin2. I did realize that it wasn't the same apartments, but I thought it would give NurseLRT something else to think about. Glad to hear you have dealt with the Arnold family with good experiences....they have been remarkably helpful.
Good luck.