Kenderina is back :) A little GTG in Valencia, some news and a computer failure

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody!! I'm here again (oh,well , we're at home till Friday 17 but I was so tired and stressed that took a little PC holidays , hehehe). My father's heart surgery was OK, he is recovering fast really While I was in Valencia lincasanova and I have two little GTG's(thanks, stardust!), lin is such a beautiful and caring woman I'm delighted to have met her. She is having trouble with her internet provider but I hope she will be here soon too.
My mother and I were at a hotel in Valencia, Hotel Renasa. I cannot help to tell you how friendly and caring was everybody there to us. Specially the people of the cafe, where we have our meals most days..they even worry if we have eaten enough and serve us double of everything saying that "we have to stay strong" The rooms are also nice, recently renovated. For 59 euros /night (3 stars) it is a gift, really. I will go back there even if it is just to say hello, they felt us feel at home while we were there.
Now, I'm writing with my laptop..my PC is doing strange things. The screen goes black repeteadly , there are missing letters, missing menus or they are on the screen all at the same time even if I try to shut them down...anyone of you has had such a thing ? I really don't know if it's a monitor problem or is the graphics card...

A big hug to all, I'm happy to be round here again
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 10:08 AM
ira

Hi K,

Glad to hear the good news.

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Kenderina,

So glad everything went so well with your father You've been in my thoughts since your last posting.

I'm having laptop problems of my own. I can only type 3 letters. That's it. And then it won't shut down. Tis time to get myself a new laptop. Yikes!
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 10:36 AM

Hello kenderina, I have been wondering how you were and how your father was. I am so glad that your father is making a good recovery. And it is wonderful to hear that your mother and you were able to stay in a pleasant hotel and eat at a wonderful cafe. Take care..sorry but I do not know enough about computers to answer your questions. Hope someone else here can.
My best wishes to you and your family.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much to you all, I'm sorry I lose sight of this post and haven't answered soon !!!
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:17 AM

I hadn't seen this post yet.

Kenderina, I'm glad everything worked out fine and that I could help.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM

Kenderina, Sounds like your using a Windows based machine and have picked up one of those nasty little viruses they like to attract. Next time think iMac and an anti-virus program.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I have a Windows machine..I have anti-virus, firewall..my PC looks as if I have state secrets on it.. but maybe it is not enough !!!
I'm thinking it to be the power supplier, though. We use to have problems with them here in my zone because light goes up and down quite frequently and they go wrong and no one seems to have a solution for that.