This is not for me, but for my son who is 14 and a committed middle-distance runner.
Our 3-week trip to Europe slots in between his running events, and we return about 1 week before a significant competition. He'd like to maintain (within reason) his fitness level.
So I'm trying to organise our accommodation to give him access to safe and and handy places to run.
In London I've booked a place round the corner from Hyde Park. I hope this is a good choice.
In Paris we are staying in the Marais district. Would he be able to run along the banks of the Seine? Is this something he could do on his own? Find his way there in the morning, say?
In Switzerland we are staying in Grindelwald. I don't think he'll have trouble there. I'll just point to the nearest mountain and say, off you go! Or is there another option?
We then head to northern Italy, and I'm guessing he'll have to forget his training in Venice! Also going to Verona and Bergamo.
Thanks for any hints or tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga