Reload this Page >

Kavey, Sharon ,Jo and the "rental car" gang...big thank you for accurate advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:15 AM
amy

As I tried to plan the last three and one-half days of our trip to Normandy, I consulted this board about the remaining pieces of our "trip puzzle." Where should I locate (Honfleur, Rouen, other?) Timing for car drop-off? Hotel recommendations?<BR><BR>Kavey's description of Honfleur was my deciding point--she generalized it as<BR>one of those places that's overrun with tourists that somehow doesn't suffer for it. Jo told me that the restaurant L'Absinthe also had a hotel associated with it--and that resulted in a very pleasurable stay at Hotel L'Absinthe. Sharon directed me to viamichelin.com for fabulous directions and timing advice. And too many people to mention assured me my rental car plans were fine.<BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Kavey

Amy you're very welcome... I've found so many wonderful tips here that it's great to pass on my own...<BR><BR<BR>

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:34 AM
kavey

PS Done a search for a trip report, no luck. Have you posted it yet and did I miss it? Thanks, Kavey

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:36 AM
amy

Kavey: I also want to add for other posters that I should have just driven straight to Honfleur, but I was curious as to why you and others thought Honfleur was better than Deauville, Trouville, etc., and we took the coastline route instead of a good autoroute. <BR><BR>Many hours of stop and go traffic through the French version of the New Jersey coast in August (much prettier period architecture and lots of flowers, but same people and traffic!), we were worried Honfleur would be more of the same. Instead, to continue the New Jersey analogy, it was the "Cape May" of the area.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:40 AM
amy

Kavey: I just saw your second message. I never got around to writing a report on the last three days. It took three postings (and several hours) to get the first two weeks of the trip onto the board. I just posted a recommendation for a Giverny stay, though. <BR><BR>Perhaps I'll top the three report postings so they're somewhat together.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:41 AM
kavey

I saw the Paris bit... must have missed the rest?<BR>If you have it in Word or something perhaps you'd be willing to email it to me if it's not too much trouble?<BR>Kavey

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 10:21 AM
kavey

Thanks for topping the reports I missed, very enjoyable.<BR>Would love to read a report on your trip to Honfleur, if you have time to do one. I know they can be time consuming!<BR>Kavey