Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Kavey, Can't reply on your thread. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/kavey-cant-reply-on-your-thread-184457/)

nancy Sep 2nd, 2001 01:12 PM

Kavey, Can't reply on your thread.

Kavey, <BR>your thread will not accept any replies. <BR>so, <BR>Glad to hear you had a fun weekend. <BR>Congrats on 7 yrs! and best wishes for another 77! <BR>As, on your upcoming B-day, you spring chicken :-) <BR> <BR>The only nasty remark from me, is why did you not invite us all here to come help you eat all that yummy food?! <BR>Sounds like heaven on earth. <BR>Did anyone try everything there? <BR>Did it all mix well? <BR>or did the indian "clash" with the italian, and the chinese with the chocolate cake? <BR> <BR>

s.fowler Sep 2nd, 2001 01:27 PM

I second the above comments. I think Kavey has a future as a party arranger. I have this "big one" coming up next spring.... [hint....hint...] <BR> <BR>FYI NOTHING clashes with chocolate cake .... NOTHING:)

Diane Sep 2nd, 2001 03:47 PM

I noticed that problem earlier today -- I meant to start a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to KAVEY" thread, but got swept off to our neighborhood 23rd annual Labor Day Weekend Pig Roast. Someone had put together a photo album with pictures over the years and it was a blast! ANYWAY, big time congrats to Kavey...it sounded like a super party and delicious too! (I hope someone took pictures)

John H Sep 2nd, 2001 06:38 PM

Hi, Kavey, <BR> <BR>Glad to hear about your wonderful, eclectic and fun anniversary and pre-birthday bash. The food does indeed sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Enjoy your birthday. <BR> <BR>John

StCirq Sep 2nd, 2001 06:41 PM

I,too, couldn't "get through" on a reply to your post but wanted to say Happy Anniversary and boy, what a great idea for a party! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Kavey Sep 3rd, 2001 03:53 AM

Oh dear. I probably rambled on for far too long... You know how Fodors can be with posts that are too long... <BR> <BR>Thanks for the messages... <BR> <BR>Most people tried most things (apart from the one veggie who still had plenty to eat) although if you didnt try some things in your first helping they were gone by the time you went for a 2nd plate! <BR> <BR>I think I tried everything as I luckily picked the right dishes to try first. <BR> <BR>I fully agree with Sally, NOTHING clashes with Chocolate Cake, which I am enjoying now at lunch time (having had some for breakfast)... <BR> <BR>Sorry I didnt invite you all, but I thought the jet lag might get you down ;) <BR> <BR>Just thought some of you might enjoy the international buffet theme for your own parties... <BR> <BR>Thanks again for the kind messages... <BR> <BR>Kavey

Ursula Sep 3rd, 2001 04:38 AM

Kavey hello! <BR> <BR>Is there any Green Curry left? I wouldn't mind. if not, I would go for the Tabouleh. <BR>I leave the Chocolate Cake for you and Sally, no problem there. <BR> <BR>Happy birthday to you ... and no problem for me re. jet-lag! ;-) <BR> <BR>@--&gt;--&gt;--&gt;--&gt;------------

Kavey Sep 3rd, 2001 06:54 AM

Ursula <BR> <BR>Ate the remainder of the green curry last night, so none left for you!!! <BR> <BR>(But since I made it anyway, I can make some more if you want to come for dinner?) <BR> <BR>Thanks for the birthday rose... <BR> <BR>Though it's the anniversary today and the birthday at the end of the month (same date as Thyra's) ... we just did a joint party because 2 parties in a month is too much for me to host!!! <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>

Ursula Sep 3rd, 2001 09:52 AM

Kavey: Just wanted to tell you that I spend some time in your area (North Finchley/Golders Green) but then moved to Hampstead with the US family I was an au pair with in the Seventieth. I had such a great time in London (like concerts at the Rainbow Theatre, Marquee, Wembley, Royal Albert Hall, etc.). I will advise, if ever I should be in London. I definitely want to see the New Tate. Anyway, soon it will be my long holiday. Sea, sun, sailing, etc. in Tunisia as from Sept. 29 onwards. Can't wait. It's soo long. <BR>Next year, maybe NYC or Kerala. I have enjoyed so much Radjasthan.

Kavey Sep 3rd, 2001 11:10 AM

Ursula <BR> <BR>Coo... North Finchley doesn't really get many tourists, it's just a nice suburban area with good restaurants and shops but little to see... <BR> <BR>Nice to hear someone from "outside" knows it... <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR> <BR>

nancy Sep 3rd, 2001 11:23 AM

Kavey, <BR>what day in Sept? <BR>I can not pull up that B-day thread, and am curious. <BR>My oldest, born 30 sept. <BR>Do we add him to the list of shared B-days? <BR>( I share mine with Kalena !)

Miriam Sep 3rd, 2001 11:28 AM

Hello Kavey, <BR> <BR>my best wishes, too...You didn`t prepare all that food yourself, did you? <BR>I imagine that every guest brought sth. or am I wrong? <BR> <BR>Ursula, how funny, I was an Au-Pair in Northwood, you might know it...And thank you for your nice words the other day. <BR> <BR>Kind regards <BR> <BR>Miriam <BR>

Kavey Sep 3rd, 2001 12:11 PM

Nancy <BR> <BR>I was born 30/9/71 <BR> <BR>Miriam... <BR> <BR>I didn't bookmark that thread so I can't think of a quick way to find it... and I really shouldnt be on here... it's my anniversary and husband is waiting to take me to bed!!! <BR> <BR>But, no, I didnt cook it all myself, I asked everyone to represent one country for an international buffet... I posted here as I thought you all might like the idea for a future party? <BR> <BR>Kavey

Miriam Sep 3rd, 2001 12:22 PM

OK, Kavey <BR>next time I`m in London I`ll bring <BR>the Würstchen or something more adventurous from Germany...I now have your word for that date. <BR> <BR>Have a nice evening <BR>Miriam

nancy Sep 3rd, 2001 01:30 PM

Kavey, <BR>I will think of you while we celebrate my son's B-day! <BR>Hope you have gone to bed by now!!! <BR>Getting late, girl :-)