Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   justairports - HELP (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/justairports-help-522479/)

juliecub75 Apr 19th, 2005 12:44 PM

justairports - HELP

after reading about justairports.com on this website, i've been trying to book them for the last couple of weeks for a may trip, and i haven't gotten any replies yet. does anyone have any idea why? has this happened to anyone else? if so, were you able to eventually get the service? and NO, we can't afford some of the other limo/car/taxi services here, which is why i am still trying justairports. financially even that is a stretch, but we have a toddler and his gear comign with, and the heathrow express is too pricey wihtout saving us any of the hassle of a tube ride.

thanks!

Travelnut Apr 19th, 2005 01:20 PM

Couldn't you call them?...
Tel: 020 8900 1666
Fax: 020 8902 6022

lyb Apr 19th, 2005 01:34 PM

I don't know why this would be happening. When I contacted them last summer, they answered my email over night and subsequent emails that I sent them to clarify and confirm my reservation were responded to as quickly. Perhaps they had some computer problem and didn't get your email? Am I reading correctly that you've sent them several emails without any response? Did you send the inquiry through their website? Perhaps you should contact them through phone as TravelNut suggests....not responding to emails seems unusual for them.

djkbooks Apr 19th, 2005 02:19 PM

Did you use the online booking form? If so, are you sure you completed it to acceptance? The types of vehicles are mystifying, but if you select the wrong size for your party and belongings, you'll receive a message and you have to start over again with a different vehicle.

I've always received a response by the following morning. Even on weekends.

It is essential to be honest about "gear" so the proper sized vehicle can be booked for you.

Patty Apr 19th, 2005 03:07 PM

I made my booking by phone 2 days before I arrived and they provided me with a confirmation number over the phone.

leonberger Apr 19th, 2005 06:42 PM

I booked just airports for my trip this summer. I used the online booking form (filled out completely) and did not receive a reply.

I re-did the entire form one week later, and got a confirmation within hours.

So, I'd suggest "re-booking." When they reply (assuming that this time is the charm), just reference the initial attempt in your acknowledgement to them, so they don't accidentally have you booked twice.

Also, one note: their form asks for "pick-up time" or some such phrase. They really mean for you to write in the time that your flight arrives...their agent will meet you, but will automatically be scheduled to arrive 30 minutes after your flight arrives. I didn't know that, so purposefully added time after the flight (for baggage and customs), then had to write back and change that after I received my confirmation.

Let us know how re-booking works for you!

Gayle

gail Apr 24th, 2005 02:17 PM

We used justairports for London trip - returned this afternoon. I also had trouble with form - filled it in, got no response, got nervous, called them. Within 30 minutes of phone call got 2 email confirmations. Service was superb. Driver met us at Heathrow with sign, and was on-time this morning in lobby of our hotel as promised. RT cost was about 50 pounds for 3 people and luggage - well worth it.

Boonie Apr 24th, 2005 03:00 PM

After reading about this service on the Fodor's website (poster comments), used
justairports.com for transfers from LHR to
London and vice versa in March of this year.
Also received written confirmation within
24 hours, with very specific information.
Driver was waiting at airport, and return driver was at our London hotel early for return trip. Don't know why you had difficulty, but I must add my absolutely positive experience with this company. And,
as many posters know, the price is about half of a standard taxi and much more personal.

lyb Apr 24th, 2005 03:31 PM

As I said above, I had a very positive experience with JustAirports.com in London...I wish they were in every city I will ever visit, because I would use them. I love the idea of not having to think too much after a long flight and in a city that I'm not familiar with.

I wish they were in Paris, where I am going next!

workerbee Jun 13th, 2005 07:45 PM

Hi

I know this is a late reply but may help some future travelers. After looking at this website (American Express, American AAdvantage and AAA could not help me) I booked a car for my daughter this past Saturday, June 11, to be picked up June 12 at Heathrow to be taken to Chelsea. She is a student so I wanted a good company. Another reason I went to Fodors. I booked by phone and the driver was at the airport when I reqested and delivered her to her dorm in 20 minutes. My thanks once again to the Fodors travelers. I got the phone number off their website-www.justairports.com. Since it was a last minute deal, I wanted to be sure everything was ok. She paid the driver in cash plus tip. Thanks to justairports and all you Fodors travelers.