I returned yesterday from a trip to Moscow, Minsk and St. Petersburg. Since I dont have time to post a single large trip report, I will be writing in segments. Hopefully, they can provide you all with some helpful information.
General Trip Info
My wife was born in Minsk and left when she was a child, right when the USSR was beggining to crumble. She had never been back so we decided to go and recuited her parents and sister to come along. Her family still speak and read fluent Russian and I speak a little, making things much easier (more on this and the general lack of english later) and in some cases cheaper.
We flew from SFO into Moscow, took a sleeper train to Minsk, another to St. Pete and flew back to SF from there. Trip length was two weeks.
Subjects likely covered in the future, in no particular order: Dress and Culture, Language, Why everyone should take trains, Banyas, Food and more.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions. I can't guarantee how often I will be able to update, but hopefully not more than every few days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 2018
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 Which Aran Island??
- 4 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 7 Rent in Rome
- 8 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 9 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 12 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 13 Rome Hotel
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 17 Moscow Hotels
- 18 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 22 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 23 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 24 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 25 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
Just Returned from Russia: Dress, Food, General Info and More