Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Just got back from southern Spain & Venezia & Firenze (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/just-got-back-from-southern-spain-and-venezia-and-firenze-54409/)

Anthony Oct 6th, 1999 10:28 AM

Just got back from southern Spain & Venezia & Firenze

Anyone have any questions as to hotels to stay in and places to check out and where to eat?? I'll provide pictures of the places I'v been.

Rosie Oct 6th, 1999 11:29 AM

Hi Anthony, I just sent you a quick e-mail.. re: Spain, any input you can give me on the Costa Blance would be reatly appreciated.

ET Oct 10th, 1999 03:08 PM

I would love any and all info you could pass on. <BR> <BR>My husband and I are going to Sevilla mid March 2000. We will visit with our son who is spending his junior year at University <BR>of Sevilla. I am hoping to spend 10 to 12 days there. I thought we would spend four or five in Sevilla and try to travel through <BR>the southern coast. What would you suggest? My son has traveled to Malaga and Mallorca and has raved about both places. <BR>He is 19 years old and seems to be spellbound with everything he has seen. We are excited just listening to him. Although I <BR>think the foods are beginning to get to him. Any advice on itenary, hotels, restaurants, sites to see would be much, much <BR>appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR> <BR>Home 1 <BR>

Ken Oct 11th, 1999 05:46 AM

Anthony, <BR>Did you make it to Seville? I am looking for a nice hotel near the <BR>Cathedral or Barrio Areas...any <BR>suggestions? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Ken

Monica Richards Oct 11th, 1999 08:38 AM

The question wasn't directed to me, but you can't go wrong with Las Casas de la Juderia in the Barrio Santa Cruz in Sevilla. Nice hotel, lots of charm, and centrally located. They have regular rooms and suites. I'll get you their contact information if you are interested.

Deb Oct 11th, 1999 10:09 AM

Nice offer,We are headed to Florence for 8 days, Oct.25th, staying at Marios on Via Faenza, not too far from San Lorenzo..any advice welcome re: restaurants in area, church services, day trips, movies, etiquette in outside table eateries, and so on. <BR>don't know how to access answer..hopefully i'll get e-mail??

Anthony Oct 12th, 1999 07:45 PM

For KEN and others also: <BR> <BR>When booking a place in Sevilla, TRY, I MEAN TRY to book a room at <BR>Las Casas De le Juderia. <BR>Telephone: 95/4415150 <BR>Fax: 95/4422170 <BR> <BR>This is the only place I'd consider staying when in Sevilla. We were <BR>there for 3 nights, the location is great, it's in the Barrio De Santa <BR>Cruz which has small narrow streets only made for walking. The Staff is great, there is always someone there who speaks english for those non-spanish speaking tourist. <BR>It makes me cry to always think about that place because it's so perfect! <BR>You can't miss here.