Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Just back June 2009 from 2 weeks Prague to Vienna. (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/just-back-june-2009-from-2-weeks-prague-to-vienna-791069/)

travelots Jun 19th, 2009 05:42 PM

Just back June 2009 from 2 weeks Prague to Vienna.

If you have questions, pop 'em to me.

Charles Bridge is under renovation, but can still charm.
So much else to do.
We had a great apartment -- I still insist that is the way to go for 4 days or longer in Prague. What is it about hotels????
Apartment was just behind Old Square and the Tyn Cathedral.
I've always stayed in Lesser Town / Mala Strana, so this was a "new" experience.

Artyn Apartment offered by new, local company operated by Austrian Family. The company is located in Mala Strana at 8 Jansky Vrsek, a location I know well, because I've stayed at an apartment there many times!

We paid 69 euro a night, attractively furnished, bright, light and open, one bedroom apartment. comfortable bed, separate bathroom that had counter space (shower sometimes felt chilly, then warm, then chilly, then hot...) living area with cable tv (love CNN when traveling....) and a full kitchen, small dining table. I also really liked the enry foyer that was large and had ample room and some closet space for hanging clothes, and for holding our suitcase / dressers....

Take a look at mywayrentals.com. Victor picked us up at the airport and drove us to and from the airport. Very sweet and helpful man.

I highly recommend them.

Now if you want info about what we did? Or have specific questions about car rental, driving in Bohemia, going to Cesky Krumlov, cycling near CK, crossing border into Austria, using a GPS to find towns in either country, money matters, cycling along the Danube through vinyards, etc...and about airport hotels like the Marriot Courtyard Hotel... Just ask.

We stayed in Prague, Tabor, Trebon, Cesky Krumlov, Durnstein Austria, and Vienna.

Great trip, no problems, loved it all.

blh Jun 19th, 2009 07:34 PM

Thanks for the information on your apartment in Prague. Which apartment did you stay in? There is no mention of an elevator, so what floor was the apartment on? The apartments look very nice on the website.

Also, where did you stay in Cesky Krumlov? Where did you rent your car and return it?

Would love to hear more about your trip - crossing into Austria from CR, etc. Thanks again!

mariam47 Jun 19th, 2009 07:43 PM

Where did you stay in Vienna? We just got back from a Munich-Prague-Vienna trip on May 19th, and we were not thrilled with the Courtyard in Vienna.
I'd love to hear your trip report for Prague; I feel like we rushed everywhere in 3 days.

Kwoo Jun 21st, 2009 05:39 AM

We are going to Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Telc & Karlovy Vary in August. Where did you stay in CK? Can you recommend restaurants, must-see/must do in CK? How many nights were you in CK? I'd like to hear info on your cycling.

We've been to Prague before so I have some restaurants in mind but would like to hear your recommendations on restaurants as well.
Thanks!

sk898 Jul 7th, 2009 04:54 AM

I'd be interested in learning more about the car rental and the bike rides!

1) Where did you rent and return your car? How much did it cost? What were the road conditions like? I'm thinking about driving between Prague and Vienna but not sure how good of an idea that is...

2) Where did you get the bikes to cycling along the Danube through vinyards?? Sounds fun!

Thanks in advance.

LuvToRoam Jul 7th, 2009 05:59 AM

We will travel to Czech Republic in September (a mere 63 days now). Any info on cycling around Cesky Krumlov would be appreciated, actually any details-a Prague trip report?? How was the weather? Any idea what we have to look forward too weather-wise in September? Has the weather trended warm or cool this year (according to the locals).

karlkk Jul 14th, 2009 05:31 PM

Hi travelots,
I have similar questions as entertained by previous posts. We plan to drive to see the countryside. How easy was to get directions if one gets lost, which we always manage to do on our trips. Which smaller cities would you recommend visiting outside prague.

Thanks