Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Just back from Paris with pre-teens; any questions?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Lynne

We just returned from Paris with 2 pre-teens. A week of rain, general strike, Louvre strike, flooding Seine. Great time anyway. Any questions?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Brian

Yes, we're going with our 2 (10 and 12) in July. Any suggestions on what to do from a kid's point of view? Sewers, Catacombs....? Any hints on how to keep familial relations positive (we'll have been on the road for 3 weeks by the time we get there)? <BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:34 PM
xxx

Brian - <BR>Consider a family rollerblading adventure. They have organized rollerblading outings through the streets of Paris on Sunday mornings. All levels of rollerbladers are welcome to join in.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Brian

Do they rent full body armor? <BR>If not, I'll have to take out more insurance!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:44 AM
carol

Is the general strike and the Louvre strike still on? We're leaving Thursday with our two kids. What does the strike affect? Thanks*

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:46 AM
Martha

The Louvre was open last Saturday, March 30 but the buses were still on strike. I was with my 12 yr old son. He loved riding the elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower (from the time we got in line til we reached the top was exactly one hour), walking up the steps of the Arc de Tromphe, eating chocolate crepes on the street, and visiting the Louvre only long enough to see the most famous works and then leaving.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Danni

My husband loves to rollerblade. Are these rollerblade adventures for families with kids only or can adults join in? How do you join one?