Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Just back from a fantastic weekend in Bilbao. Does anyone need any advice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Sonia

Wow, what a fun weekend we had. Weather held up pretty well, the Guggenheim knocked our socks off, and fell in love with pinxtos!<BR><BR>BTW, thanks to Cova for all the advice!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 02:01 AM
kite

Yes, PLEASE ! Actually I'm planning to visit there some time next year. Can I have a general report of your trip ? Especially I would like to know about your hotel (and any better choice you would have made, etc),the places you visited including the Guggenheim. Thanks very much for asking.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 02:46 AM
Sonia

Hi<BR><BR>Will try and post a trip report later today. If you have any questions after that, please post or email me on [email protected]<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 05:04 AM
BabyJane

Hey Sonia, I remember your original post and I think I posted something on it. Glad you enjoyed Bilbao as much as I did..... only thing I didn't like was the big scary spider sculpture outide the Gug!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Sonia

Hi BJ<BR><BR>Yes, you certainly did give me advice. I printed out the posts from you and Cova and refered to them throughout the whole weekend!<BR><BR>Know what you man about the spider, it's those spindly legs!<BR><BR>Thanks for your help, will post trip report soon..

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:30 PM
cova

Hi Sonia,<BR>I´m glad you enjoyed. The weather was changing, but at least it was nice for walking around.<BR><BR>And the spider is called &quot;Mama&quot; Just pity that Puppy´s winter clothes have just been planted. It is not so colourful as during the summer ...<BR><BR>Cova

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:51 PM
BabyJane

Sonia, if you go back to the Basque Country for a longer period you should visit San Sebastian and also Santander in Cantabria which are both lovely. I believe that there are many nice places to visit along the coast and inland. I thought Vitoria was very nice and very easy to reach from Bilbao. Cova, I love the name they've given the spider. It actually does have some eggs in its womegg sack?) so I guess it's appropriate.