Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Just back from 2 weeks in Venice, Florence, Austria, Lichtenstein and Bodensee, Germany...any questions?

Search

Just back from 2 weeks in Venice, Florence, Austria, Lichtenstein and Bodensee, Germany...any questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 10:55 AM
Hans

I just got back from two weeks travelling from Innsbruck to Florence to Venice to Salzburg, and across Austria and Lichtenstein and to Lake Bodensee in Germany and would be happy to answer questions if anybody has any regarding palces to stay, eat, things to do or anything thing else!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 02:06 PM
maryanne

Thanks for asking for questions. We're going to be in Florence for three days. Do you suggest early morning or late afternoon for going to the Uffizi and where can you get reservations in advance? I haven't had any luck with the web site referred to in this forum. Any favorite places in Florence or can't miss restaurants? Thanks for your time.

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 03:56 PM
Larry

We, like Maryanne, will be in Florence for 3-4 days in October. I second her question and shall ask if you have any recommendations for a nice hotel? Thanks <BR> <BR>Larry

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 04:11 PM
lisa

My husband and I will be travelling to Hamburg,to Heidelberg, Rothenburg, Venice, Florence, Rome, Capri then by train across (thru Pisa) to Barcelona in Sept '99. Any good cheap places to stay would be great <BR>thanks <BR>Lisa

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 05:18 PM
topper

!

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 07:24 PM
Dayle

One of my favorite sites now has museum tickets - try www.initaly.com

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Margaret

My husband and I were in Florence in Feb 1999. We had several dinners at a restaurant called La Posta. It was centrally located, near the post office. The owner and wait staff were excellent and the food was superb - and not too expensive. We stayed at the Hotel Pierre. It was under renovation then and I doubt if it is finished by now. LaPosta is across the street from it. <BR>

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 12:15 PM
Vicki

Hans: I too thank you for offering to answer questions. We will be spending a couple of days in Lichtenstein, the end of July (because we haven't found any quidebook for the country). It looks like a beautiful place. What kinds of things are there to do? Any restaurants you can recommend? Thanks

Old Jul 7th, 1999, 12:17 PM
Vicki

Hans: I too thank you for offering to answer questions. We will be spending a couple of days in Lichtenstein, the end of July (because we haven't found any quidebook for the country). It looks like a beautiful place. What kinds of things are there to do? Any restaurants you can recommend? Thanks

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 06:07 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 08:31 AM
bp

Where did you stay in Salzburg? We have reservations at the Hotel Elefant. Did you take the sound of music tour? How do we get tickets/cost? Any restaurant/pub ideas? Thanks!